• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

10-Foot Tall, Bullet Proof,...and Here,...Initial This Time Order:

As pointed out above, 8% is hardly a death blow. Right now subscribership has stalled out as 4G/3G becomes more common and people are using their phones in their cars as audio devices.

(As an ex Sirius subscriber and a audio purist as well as being in broadcast for 40 years) It makes me laugh as to how their demo channel (184) has HORRIBLE audio...heard a Taylor Swift song earlier this evening...artifact city!!! GEESH if ANYTHING, you want your demo channel to be the best to get people to join, not drive them away!! :confused:

Well,...boys, I hate to Pee in your Cheerios so early in the morning, but this coffee, even though I have to chew it a bit, is just Damn Good, and I feel as good as Grace Potter looks! It seems that y'all just shy away from answering the question, like Consultants avoid accountability. The conflict....and the Hilarity...starts when Y'all want to supply a ten pound answer to a one pound question, and then still see-saw in getting it half right. The answer to the original question, is this: It would not have mattered! There was no unity amongst stations, much less in groups. When the desire to buy, and pay for radio ad time was there, sales were accepted, and Slicky Sam, and Tight-Skirt Chrissie, made quota.....and it was just as well for the Auto Industry was going to lather-up in it too, once car buyers wanted it. However, let me say, and predict....there it is, mounted in the dash of the new Ford Feeeeew-turista,...an Internet Radio, with 20-preset buttons, +plus voice command!

Last edited:
Your question did get answered at least a page back, but unfortunately, in English. (Maybe this is what Fred and Avid mean about banning all foreign-language broadcasting?)

Well,...boys, I hate to Pee in your Cheerios so early in the morning, but this coffee, even though I have to chew it a bit, is just Damn Good, and I feel as good as Grace Potter looks! It seems that y'all just shy away from answering the question, like Consultants avoid accountability. The conflict....and the Hilarity...starts when Y'all want to supply a ten pound answer to a one pound question, and then still see-saw in getting it half right. The answer to the original question, is this: It would not have mattered! There was no unity amongst stations, much less in groups. When the desire to buy, and pay for radio ad time was there, sales were accepted, and Slicky Sam, and Tight-Skirt Chrissie, made quota.....and it was just as well for the Auto Industry was going to lather-up in it too, once car buyers wanted it. However, let me say, and predict....there it is, mounted in the dash of the new Ford Feeeeew-turista,...an Internet Radio, with 20-preset buttons, +plus voice command!

What the F**k is that nonsense? Has Gabby Hayes been resurrected?

Your question has been answered. More than once. In several different ways. By people knowledgeable in the topic. Just because you DON'T LIKE the answer does not mean that it hasn't been answered.

It appears Scooter that either you potentially have a mental wellness issue or are posting not to further discussion of the issues facing SC radio today but to simply "hear yourself talk."

You guys couldn't pour Dookie out of a Cowboy Boot, if the instructions were written on the Heel,....much less answer my Radio question! I just gave you the answer, and you don't even realize it! The answer is this: Radio stations were out for their own billing, and didn't collectively see the curve ball. If one FM was running the spots, they sent a Skirt to pitch,...and thus, all were going to run them, regardless to what happened, and expected failure. Again, you are supplying a ten pound answer to a simple....one pound question. I am laughing my ass off!!!!!

In years past, one might say he was "touched," bless his heart!

It is really shocking how apparent that one can still have views of an industry as it was 25 years ago.

"Clear Channel is bad and it is run by imbeciles," for example.

1. The Act happened in 1996 and consolidation is a fact of life since then. 2. Clear Channel is not Clear Channel in name any more. 3. The people running iHeart today are not the same ones back in 1996. 4. Then and now, the folks running that organization are very smart and skilled people that have made educated and somewhat risky decisions and some of the decisions worked out and some turned out to be unwise. 5. The major broadcasting companies knew about SDARS and invested in it as a way to broaden their business and advertising XM/Sirius is not counter to their main business line. Chipotle or McDonald's? McDonald's doesn't care. They are getting your dollar anyway.

Last edited:
if you are not willing to accept change, you're probably going to be one of those people no one wants to be around in your senior years. big radio corps losing money? probably and possibly. tax write off and reinvention....likely old farts will complain about everything... and there is a younger generation that really doesn't care. fortunately, we lived long enough to gripe about change in broadcast radio in a medium that hadn't been invented when we started. we lived through years that made it better....like CDs..., but we were only the best "at the time."

In years past, one might say he was "touched," bless his heart!

Maybe he will open a shrimp business, get rich, and forget about radio.

Well,...I asked a simple quest, and then gave you the correct answer, twice, yet you Boobs of Pepperland continue to post philosophy, from inside your little wicker basket of 4-inclusive followers. Yep, I'm still laughing, along with several other proven legitimate Programmers: "The Big Mac", Donavan McKenzie, Roger Erickson, Bill Kelly, Dann Scott, and James Patrick Evans,...just to name a several. Laughter is good for the Soul, and your collective posts, are better than a bottle of Yukon Jack, bubblewrap, and a hours worth of Laurel & Hardy! Keep up the good work! When my ribs get sore, I'll just refrain from reading.

yet you Boobs of Pepperland continue to post philosophy, from inside your little wicker basket of 4-inclusive followers.

Whew. At least its not alone in Mom's basement with our wrestling posters and the Greenville News Article announcing the end of our last radio job in 1993. If that were the case, Dr. Kevorkian would be on quick dial...

Well,...Dud-a-roo, that's your biggest flaw! You believe everything you read in the, always questionable, press. The last Mike & Scooter Radio Show was on January 5th, 1993. At that point, Mike left for Asbury Park, Kevin to Boston, while Dr. Mike Allen, and I stayed. I spent the next year promoting John Boy & Billy, from my desk. For me, I resigned on February 21st, 1994, to open a retail business venture, in my home town. I was never fired! Ken Carson never fired me, and since he never met Mike or Kevin, he never fired them either. Just a press reporter listening to the ego driven fodder of Ken Carson, and nothing more!

Oh poor modest Scooter. It's really a toss-up about who was worse on the air, you or Dr. Mike "Johnny Fever" Allen. Although Mike has still managed to stay employed.

But it certainly doesn't change the fact that you haven't been active in the business for over 20 years. Nor does it change the fact that in 20 years the business has changed immensely and continues to do so at light speed. Nor does it change the fact that your postings come across like an abusive and belligerent combination of nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom