• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Your All-Time Favorite SWFL Station

I saw this post in the Tampa & Miami threads, & found this topic to be interesting in both markets, so I am starting a thread in this market.
What is/are your all-time favorite SWFL FM radio station(s)?

Okay, I guess I will start, & maybe I will jog your memories.
My all-time favorite FM radio station in my entire life would be 91.5 The Spark / Power 89.5 Fort Myers-Naples, FL when it was in existence, before they sold it to a religious operator.
I base my radio show off of this station, & this station introduced me to so much great music ranging from Hip Hop, Dance, Freestyle, & even novelties.
I still have yet to find who did that "Ice Ice Baby" parody.
Other stations that I enjoyed when they were in existence were Power 93.5, Oldies 95.3, WINK 96.9 when they were Top-40, Cool Oldies 98.3, Real Radio 100.1 when they played Rhythmic, B103.7 before they went up the dial, & 105.5 The Beat when they first started, still playing Dance music at nights.

My all-time favorite FM radio station in my entire life would be 91.5 The Spark / Power 89.5 Fort Myers-Naples, FL when it was in existence, before they sold it to a religious operator.
I base my radio show off of this station, & this station introduced me to so much great music ranging from Hip Hop, Dance, Freestyle, & even novelties.
I still have yet to find who did that "Ice Ice Baby" parody.
Other stations that I enjoyed when they were in existence were Power 93.5, Oldies 95.3, WINK 96.9 when they were Top-40, Cool Oldies 98.3, Real Radio 100.1 when they played Rhythmic, B103.7 before they went up the dial, & 105.5 The Beat when they first started, still playing Dance music at nights.

Agree with "The Spark." No station like it in SW FL.

Was there a WNOG that was talk in Naples or was that my imagination? I had heard of that but otherwise am unfamiliar with the market.

Was there a WNOG that was talk in Naples or was that my imagination? I had heard of that but otherwise am unfamiliar with the market.

Yes there was. AM 1270 WNOG. I was surprised the call letters weren't transferred to an FM station in Naples when the station was shut down and the license surrendered but then again what do call letters mean anymore to anyone but radio nerds?

Wonderful Naples On The Gulf.

Reactions: drt
I'm not too much focused on this market as much, but I do love WGCU (because... NPR) and WINK-FM.

Reactions: drt
Yes there was. AM 1270 WNOG. I was surprised the call letters weren't transferred to an FM station in Naples when the station was shut down and the license surrendered but then again what do call letters mean anymore to anyone but radio nerds?

Wonderful Naples On The Gulf.
WNOG was the go to station when I came in 2001. Rich King originally from Cincinnati was beloved by the audience and did a 3 to 6pm show with local call ins and little politics if any. I filled in for him along with others when he became sick. The station was typical local with news 6 to 9am, Dr Laura 9 to noon, Rush noon to 3 and then Rich. It simulcasted with 1200 and later 1240 in Fort Meyers. It was the for runner of 92.5fm today. 104.7 and 94.5 survive today with basically the same formats as they had years ago. 1660 WMIB later WCNZ took on WNOG in 2002 with all news and talk for awhile both WNOG and WCNZ carried Shawn Hennity. A management change about 2003 put an end to local news on 1660 and now the station is Catholic 24/7 .

1) The Dove - When it was Adult Standards, 1450 WSDV and 1320 WDIZ simulcast.

2) 1280 WTMY - When it had a Big Band music format.

It's been maybe four or five years since 1280 went Spanish. I used to like listening to them as they actually didn't play a whole lot of pop Big Band but rather an alternative big band format going way back into the 20's and before. Different than I have ever heard.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom