• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WZPH 96.7

Yup. They had a christian format and then the preacher at the church that had the license got into a messy divorce and one thing led to another and Doc got the license. I am still confused as to how the station's City of License is Dade City, but Dade City is never mentioned in the legal ID. Is that kosher? ???

Licensed to the Pasco County Educational Corporation. Dade City is the COL, but they barely make the trip to Dade City
http://www.radio-locator.com/pats/WZPH_FL_LU.gif

Still, it sounds good..and it isn't another religious translator. I would like to know how the "corporation" was assembled to reflect a "community non profit group" that can get away with a very commercial sounding station. I'd love to do that, but twice have been shot down because of a very slight discrepancy as far as "board of directors" and "community access" is concerned..and I had several key people in the community sign on with me in order to present an alternative and local radio service.

How did Doc manage to license it to Dade City, and have the signal so far away?

How did Doc manage to license it to Dade City, and have the signal so far away?

Not sure. What confuses me is that Dade City is never mentioned in the legal ID. That sounds like a rule violation?

To Druidhillsradio: If you would listen to WZPH as closely as you say you do, the legal ID that plays at the top of the hour is just that- a LEGAL ID that says "WZPH-LP DADE CITY," followed by any or other comments. 100% legal ID mentioning call letters and city of license. Actually, the only thing wrong with WZPH is the fact that it is an LPFM- if it were a 100,000 giant, it would demolish Q105 in the ratings, that's how professional and well-programmed WZPH is...Mass-appeal rock and roll oldies radio.

I gotta agree with Mr. Gordon. Listening a lot tonight I heard some great stuff. It is well paced, and..you know just listening on an iPad using their app..really they have an IPhone app...this station sounded like CKLW..at night! I wanted to hide under the blanket with one of those cheesy earphones..and a flashlight..it is real compressed and at least on the dinky iPad speakers it sounds like a major market AM station from the late 60's

Al is right..a station like this with a signal and some fun, and compelling boogie jocks..would kick some ass.

Bravo Doc..need some new imaging? Let's gab..how fun is that? PM me

To Druidhillsradio: If you would listen to WZPH as closely as you say you do, the legal ID that plays at the top of the hour is just that- a LEGAL ID that says "WZPH-LP DADE CITY," followed by any or other comments. 100% legal ID mentioning call letters and city of license.

I then stand corrected. I've just never heard it. That being said, I have to agree that the programming is top notch. And you're right, it makes Q105 sound like a rank amateur!

Listening on line from Buffalo. Somebody's having fun.

I wish Doc have a more powerful signal for the station....I've almost stopped listening to regular radio except for The Dove at night..I can't stand most of today's music and The Q just doesn't have the Pa Naush it used to..I mean they really need to put more music in the mix...Station's always play just the "Hits"...Bring some of the Obscurity back into the playlist...There is a lot of 60's and 70's music that doesn't get played on the airways..and, Heaven forbid that anybody would put up a station that played 50's music..... It's sad when you think that you are giving the Majority of your listeners what they want to listen too.and they would rather listen to the music on Internet Radio Station's.....

So true Kahuna. Doc's station is only listenable when I am in Z-hills and actually gets pretty noisy in north Z-hills on US-301. In Dade City (the city of license) it's gone. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom