• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WWBA 820 and WTSP, Tampa Bay's 10 ink contract agreement

I wonder whether Channel 10 management realizes the format they're partnering with (TRN's all news format) is just right wing talking points delivered in a less strident tone.

Here we go again..."...and as you can see in this video tape...", "...the following video may be too intense for younger viewers...","now this low front right here, will move through....".
TV news simulcasts...just what I want to hear on my radio.

Oh, and I can't wait till November...a few dozen watts after the sun goes down..might get you to most of Largo.

I'd almost wish you'd just turn it off and let WBAP Dallas in at night...um..not that it isnt already there outside of Largo...

Apologies for the off-topic question , but I've been to Florida so many times (including school) that it has become a radio relative of sorts, one of those away-from-home places you follow for whatever reason.

In the Eighties, we spent a week at my cousin's in New Port Richey. She's from Queens NYC, unaccountably a true-blue C&W fan. The station she found in NPRichey to play her music was 820. She had it on all day until, as she put it, 'They turned it off at night for some reason.'

Thing is, I recall a WSST 800 in the area from the late Sixties (and of course, back then, the calls WWBA were on 680, a beautiful-music daytimer).

I have a FL Radio cultural gap of about eight years that needs some tropical DNA as filler.
Were WSST and the facility that arose on 820 the same people at the time of the switch?

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC: I have noticed that the relocation of Channel 10's transmitter to Riverview has apparently been completed, and for the first time, we are able to receive Channel 10 in South Tampa using a set-top antenna. If you previously performed a scan to pre-set your broadcast channels, you might want to do a re-scan.

This remined me of WSUN-AM 620 when 620 used to be Bay News 9 on AM-620. Also I went to WWBA AM 820 website and there nothing on there just 1 promg on the show and the rest is not much it's not the same way when it used to the old AM-820 website with alot of stuff.

I have to back off on my comment that Channel 10's transmitter move to Riverview has taken place. That is not the case. Channel 10 says that it is trying to get the permits from Hillsborough County, and that hopefully the move can be accomplished by summer's end.

I remember a time when WTMP played the 6pm Channel 8 newscast. That went on for years.

dwtpa97 said:
SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC: I have noticed that the relocation of Channel 10's transmitter to Riverview has apparently been completed, and for the first time, we are able to receive Channel 10 in South Tampa using a set-top antenna. If you previously performed a scan to pre-set your broadcast channels, you might want to do a re-scan.

Wrong.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom