• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTQR Morning Team

M

MaskMan

Anybody got a feel for how the new WTQR Morning Team is doing? I don't listen to them, but I'm curious what others are thinking. The team was really popular at WGTR in Myrtle Beach, but not sure if they were ready for big market radio. I think they're pretty young. Thoughts?

Don't really know about them.. But, We spend 1/2 and 1/2 between triad now and Myrtle and Nobody listens to TGR in MB.. Surf and WNMB or most kids listen to Ipods!

w00t said:
Is WTQR really anything close to "big market radio" anymore?

I personally don't think they were ever "Major Market" The Triad has always been in the 50 + Market..

Hi Big Ape. When I moved to the Triad back in 1983 the ranking was already above 50. Just checked to make sure I had it right and current ranking (as of Fall 2011) for Triad is 46 and the Triangle 43. Of course, this doesn't mean 'TQR ever had that major market sound, but they were loved by their listeners nonetheless and in the 80's they were a ratings machine...

Listen to them in Myrtle Beach....they were pretty good and were getting better. I think they will do well there if Clear Channel gives them a chance. Going from a 2 book market to a PPM might take some getting used to.

They were on WGTR and people do listen to it (actually number 1 or 2 station in the market). I have quite a few friends in the MB area and they are saying that the new guy, i think his name is Dingo, is doing quite a good job with his partner in crime Blue, who has jumped around and previously did mornings on WGTR with Korby Ray as well as JD. I spent time in MB for a while when Tige and Daniel were on the air there and I wasn't really sold on the show but I think they were out on the town (shaking babies and kissing hands) quite a bit so that is how they got the ratings because people knew them not so much about how the show was. that is just my point of view. I have read in other places such as facebook, twitter, as well as on this site that some QTR listeners have jumped ship to the Wolf because they aren't happy with the move from Roper to these two rabbits.

Wonder what it feels like to be the GM who was responsible for the death of a heritage station. Has happened to several folks in the Triad market.

Don't think is the GM anymore Mike.. Think he is running a small daytime AMer in HeyHirah Georgia! Plaing Accordian Music!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom