• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WSUN 97X

Ok just found this Florida alt.station where "you control the music", has any body listened for a while? What do you think ? I thought it is a cool idea, but I have to listen longer to give a real opinion. :)

I'm wonder how much truth is behind this possible gimmick. COX does this with their classic hits station in Atlanta. Basically, the DJ pulls out an artist and gives you the choice between three songs and a vote is taken online. The song that wins gets the air play. Now, as I was traveling in Kentucky, I found a station called Jelly 98 or something on those lines. The claim it is 100% controlled by the jelly app and plays anything literally. Country, rap, rock, pop, etc. I'm skeptical on these stations though.

I just reviewed the playlist for this station and boy is it interesting. First off, this station has always been known to call itself alternative but play lots of active rock bands. The same holds true now as I reviewed the playlist but I notice some new wave 80's bands and they even played Tom Sawyer by Rush. I've heard David Bowie and even The Who on alternative stations but never Rush.

acheron82 said:
I've heard David Bowie and even The Who on alternative stations but never Rush.

David Bowie maybe, but The Who? I don't think I'd ever hear that on an alternative station. To be honest, I think Rush -- being more progressive than traditional classic rock -- is a better fit even though they also don't really belong on alternative.

FM94.9 out of San Diego. Check their playlist out if you get a chance. Very impressive.

awp69 said:
acheron82 said:
I've heard David Bowie and even The Who on alternative stations but never Rush.

David Bowie maybe, but The Who? I don't think I'd ever hear that on an alternative station. To be honest, I think Rush -- being more progressive than traditional classic rock -- is a better fit even though they also don't really belong on alternative.

awp69 said:

Sure. If it weren't for The Who, there wouldn't have been The Jam. You can't do "Won't Get Fooled Again", but "My Generation" definitely works.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom