• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRKO Program Cahnge

Joe Pags moves to 7p to 10p. Dave Ramsey may find a home at AM1200 but for now will not be cleared in Boston I can't remember what I was told would air at 10pm.

Talk about a guy who has lost his fastball, he was listenable 30 years ago when Jerry Williams would have him on, I would put him right up with Bradley J as the worst talk host in Boston with Marisa Defranco not far behind. Crazy Kuhner is a league by himself.

Talk about a guy who has lost his fastball, he was listenable 30 years ago when Jerry Williams would have him on, I would put him right up with Bradley J as the worst talk host in Boston with Marisa Defranco not far behind. Crazy Kuhner is a league by himself.

who? Pags, Ramsey or Mike?

Siegel does have his fans; not quite into him.He took Howie's slot in Nov of '14 when Howie launched his own network but RKO didn't want to affiliate. The ratings plummeted and Howie was back on RKO the following March.

Siegel was part of the now disbanded Natl. Assoc. of Radio Talk Hosts Jerry helped to start.

Ramsey is having a rough month...he just lost WPHT in Philly too.

Have to give Ramsey some credit for building his empire with a show that fills a niche that was not being filled before. I listened to him a lot when he first started. But, I believe, his act gets old pretty quick. I don't think he has said anything I haven't heard a million times before. (And maybe it's just me, but I don't like hearing a host on the air in Boston with a....'twang.)

Why do I get the feeling that you dislike all/most Conservative talk hosts?

I believe, his act gets old pretty quick. I don't think he has said anything I haven't heard a million times before.

That can be said about just about any talk show host. He's managed to be conservative without focusing on politics. That makes him pretty unique in talk radio syndication.

Crazy Kuhner is a league by himself.

He made his stand against Sacha B. Cohen this week. Cohen's ratings tanked in spite of his weap0ons for toddlers program.

I'm with you; don't you just hate when a poster drops a smoke bomb into the room and quickly exits?

Methinks, though, if I am taking this in the proper context, Mr Garrett probably is referring to Mike Siegel. Siegel seems to be well-informed and his show has more wonk appeal.

Why don't they bring Mark Levin over from Talk 1200 and put him back on at 7:00 as 'RKO once did? Or, if iHeart dares take the risk, Michael Savage.

That can be said about just about any talk show host. He's managed to be conservative without focusing on politics. That makes him pretty unique in talk radio syndication.

With most talk & politics, the possibilities are endless...and people who can present more interesting ways of looking at politics are the best.

Ramsey's rapport is the same for almost every caller. Live debt free, eat rice and beans, never buy a new car, give to the church. ;-)

I'm with you; don't you just hate when a poster drops a smoke bomb into the room and quickly exits?

Methinks, though, if I am taking this in the proper context, Mr Garrett probably is referring to Mike Siegel. Siegel seems to be well-informed and his show has more wonk appeal.

Why don't they bring Mark Levin over from Talk 1200 and put him back on at 7:00 as 'RKO once did? Or, if iHeart dares take the risk, Michael Savage.

I'm with you Pal!

I'd love to see MR. Wiener vs. that nitwit Rea every night 8-12!:cool:

Sorry, I mean Segal, I don't like the content on the Pags show, but he is a good broadcaster and knows how to hold an audience. Ramsey's show doesn't appeal to me. Although, I do have considerable debt, I am not about to eat hot dogs and beans or drive a 72 Ford Pinto until I become debt free. Mike Segal could put a Meth addict to sleep.
The WRKO PD would like to find some time for my favorite John Batchelor who they air on 1200, but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to fit him into a slot.

As I have posted many times before, I enjoy many conservative hosts including Dan Rea, and John Batchelor, I was a big fan of Avi Nelson. I enjoyed Charlie Manning when he was on WRKO and Bloomberg with Michael Goldman. I listen to Brietbart Radio on Sirius., Beyond the Beltway often has very conservative guests on each week. I thought Matt Drudge did a tremendous show. There are many liberal talk hosts I don't enjoy. This all based simply on personal preference. I generally enjoy shows with guests and try to expose myself to all different points of view.

Hello? I was unaware that I was required to stay online and answer every comment in real time. I have always tried to reply to comments directed to me. Would it be to much to ask that we try and stick to postings about radio and not spend some much space on the individuals who are part of this forum?

Ramsey's rapport is the same for almost every caller. Live debt free, eat rice and beans, never buy a new car, give to the church. ;-)

I would think "giving to the church" would be at the bottom of the list, after you're debt-free, have a 6-month emergency fund, retirement fund and children's college funds fully funded, and have some disposable cash. Of course, real life dictates you're never likely to reach the "disposable cash" stage, since one can never really sock away enough for retirement.

Had there been enough Siegel fans out there, maybe RKO would have kept him in PM Drive but they opted to bring back Howie.RKO though does think enough of him to give him a reg. slot.

The late night slot that used to have VB's Pleasure Pit with Doug Goudie.Kudos for doing local

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom