• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRKO-AM/Boston Adds "The Joe Pags Show"

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n35249

Show started yesterday.

Joe Pags, host of the syndicated radio show, "The Joe Pags Show," will join iHeartMedia's Talk WRKO-AM/Boston for weeknights, beginning Monday, March 5. The program originates from his flagship station WOAI-AM/San Antonio. Pags said, "When you hear the call letters WRKO, you hear heritage - and a station most hosts can only dream of being on. I'm psyched beyond words that my show is coming to this amazing station."

WRKO's site still shows Jim Bohannon between 10:00 PM and 1:00 AM.

Talkers.com gave the erroneous impression today (3/6) that Joe Pags would air between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM on WRKO. Joe does air live during those hours, just not on 'RKO, which is carrying Dave Ramsey at that time.

"iHeart happens."

WRKO's site still shows Jim Bohannon between 10:00 PM and 1:00 AM.

Talkers.com gave the erroneous impression today (3/6) that Joe Pags would air between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM on WRKO. Joe does air live during those hours, just not on 'RKO, which is carrying Dave Ramsey at that time.

"iHeart happens."
Speaking of Dave Ramsey......

My own personal vision of Hell would consist of being forced to listen to his show for all eternity.

I know he's a nice guy and all that.....but.....there's just something about his show that drives me stark raving bonkers.

My own personal vision of Hell would consist of being forced to listen to his show for all eternity.

I know he's a nice guy and all that.....but.....there's just something about his show that drives me stark raving bonkers.

I wasn't fond of him when I first heard him but he kinda grows on you......"cool, very cool"....:)

When I first heard Cigar Dave on RKO on Saturday nites I wasn't fond of him, couldn't figure out why RKO would be running a cigar show because when I first turned on his show he was talking endlessly about cigars and I thought that's what the show was about....I have since listened longer and discovered cigars and booze and alpha males are only a part of the show! :) :) :)

Someone needed to step up when Dr Laura stepped down. Maybe that rice 'n beans diet is why it's so "windy" here at the Buckeye Media Hut?!

The funny thing is, Joe Pags is NOT a Premiere/iHeart show. He on the air five days a week at WOAI San Antonio, the iHeart flagship talk station. But distribution of his show nationally is handled by someone else. He does a Saturday show too.

I'm sure iHeart still profits from WRKO airing it, since the show is based in iHeart studios. But you'd think iHeart would prefer its own Premiere evening syndicated shows, America Now with Buck Sexton (6 to 9pm ET) or Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis (10pm to 1am ET). Jim Bohannon is a Westwood One show, a subsidiary of Cumulus, so that's why it was replaced.

But you'd think iHeart would prefer its own Premiere evening syndicated shows, America Now with Buck Sexton (6 to 9pm ET) or Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis (10pm to 1am ET).

The Cigar Show is also not a Premiere Show, but originates at the iHeart station in Tampa. The have a lot of talent in the company, which is ironic given its reputation.

Show has aired 5 times this week and they're still running a special for Valentine's Day on Boll and Branch sheets.

Methinks when you let automation take over AND there is no "quality control" monitoring by the PD this is what you can get.

WBZ seems to do its best to avoid WTF moments like these. I hope they can/will continue to do so.

There was at least a half-hour of dead air this morning about 8:30-9am.

There was at least a half-hour of dead air this morning about 8:30-9am.

On WRKO or WBZ? I had the latter on after 8:49 AM and there was no dead air, just the news with Tina Gao, plus traffic/weather on the threes, and the short bit at 8:55 before the 9:00 news. Unless the dead air was before this...or are you talking about WRKO?

On WRKO or WBZ? I had the latter on after 8:49 AM and there was no dead air, just the news with Tina Gao, plus traffic/weather on the threes, and the short bit at 8:55 before the 9:00 news. Unless the dead air was before this...or are you talking about WRKO?

Must have been RKO....there's dead air on that station from 6 in the morning til 10 at nite...every....single....day! :)

WRKO.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom