• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRBZ

Translator's been off since the first of the year. 1250 still on but very weak. Still on the stream but ID is only for the AM,

HMM... pulled up WRBZradio.com and it redirects to the main site for Little Engine Broadcasting, and WRBZ seems to be totally scrubbed from the little engine site too, no mention of it at all, just Praise 96.5 and Little Engine Traffic.

could the Little Engine be derailed????

Last edited:
They're still going on am 1250 and the app

so then i assume T-bar didn't renew his translator for 95.5? i'm sad that WRBZ FM is gone, i truly enjoyed the station and with the recent addidiion of the nationally syndicated throwback nation, it seemed to be heading in the right direction.

I hope WRBZ returns to the airwaves soon.

Update: i've heard from a few insider friends that some issues have popped up and Little Engine broadcasting is currently unable to purchase the translator from current owner Patrick Sullivan.

Still trying to find out something on WRBZ. If I hear anything and can share it, will let you know.​

Dan <><

P.S. Speaking of Radio Stations, does anyone know what's happening at WXVI 1600 AM. My few visits to Montgomery, last year and one a few days ago, found them to be silent. Are they off for good or doing some tech work.​

Last edited:
The last post on the WRBZ Facebook page is dated 1/25/23. That was just roughly a week and a half ago. Might have just been down for maintenance, but I've noted many times AM/FM broadcasters don't place much emphasis on social media, posting there etc anyway even though they should give such more priority.

The last post on the WRBZ Facebook page is dated 1/25/23. That was just roughly a week and a half ago. Might have just been down for maintenance, but I've noted many times AM/FM broadcasters don't place much emphasis on social media, posting there etc anyway even though they should give such more priority.

which is odd because it's a pinned post from the murphy sam and jodi show, which moved to bluewater's Kiss 96.1 around that time.

there is no slacking on social media for Little engine, just look at Praise 96.5's engagement on social media. but i will agree with many stations in the river region suffer from a lackluster or no social media presence at all except for reposting weather info.

which is odd because it's a pinned post from the murphy sam and jodi show, which moved to bluewater's Kiss 96.1 around that time.

there is no slacking on social media for Little engine, just look at Praise 96.5's engagement on social media. but i will agree with many stations in the river region suffer from a lackluster or no social media presence at all except for reposting weather info.

It's not just your area, there are literally hundreds of stations with moribund social media presences. I'm sure there are all kinds of good reasons for it, but it makes it seem like they don't know what they're doing (as far as audience interaction goes) or they just don't care.

On the other hand, I see lots of corporate radio station Facebook pages that have dozens of posts a day and they're getting a trickle of likes and no comments for years on end, so… maybe the small stations realize it's not worth the time sink to play to a miniscule crowd of viewers.

It's not just your area, there are literally hundreds of stations with moribund social media presences. I'm sure there are all kinds of good reasons for it, but it makes it seem like they don't know what they're doing (as far as audience interaction goes) or they just don't care.

On the other hand, I see lots of corporate radio station Facebook pages that have dozens of posts a day and they're getting a trickle of likes and no comments for years on end, so… maybe the small stations realize it's not worth the time sink to play to a miniscule crowd of viewers.

it's a multitude of factors, even live remotes have changed and are no longer the special events they used to be with each station having it's own vehicle that you could see the amber lights flashing more miles, now most stations are consolidated into 1 vehicle and a pre-recorded announcement that is often so bland and dull.

days of actual personality have long gone to mono-tone talk radio type voices introducing the next song or reading from the latest edition of billboard facts about the artists.

there's no engagement with the audience, even if there is, it's often on niche levels (married couple questions/advice, ect).

and yes, tom, i know it's nationwide and not just here in the good ol' gumptown.

to me, i think the obvious answer is terrestrial radio engagement is like a rollercoaster, and right now we're at the bottom of a hill.

Listened to 95.5 for about 90 minutes today, they seem to be in jukebox mode, don't think i heard a commercial break or even a voicetrack. music seemed a bit more solid 80s based, don't think i heard anything past 1989.

hopefully they will have a staff on soon, unless this is stunting for a format change?

Back
Top Bottom