• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPFX-FM

A tower in Haskins should be able to cover North Baltimore fine. Actually the current PFX tower is south of Fostoria...go figure.

However, the station should be able to cover Wood County without any problems at all. If they were smart and focused on Wood along with a few of the suburbs of Toledo, it may actually do well. No more than a 3.5 share, but its better than nothing at all.

I have to believe that Bowling Green would support a local station. After all it's a county seat, college town, and by the numbers does a fair amount of commerce. I also feel that several other counties would support local stations, ie: Putnam, and Auglaize.

Man oh man. Everyday there is nothing on the frequency, is another for people to forget there was ever anything on that frequency in the first place.

Radiobum said:
PFX still off air. How long does it take to move an FM antenna?

http://wpfx.com still directs to WBUK The Fox at 106.3

I don't think you'll hear anything out of 107-7 til mid Sept. They need a new facility, automation sys, chairs, desks, computers, studios, you name it. That takes some doing.

Sad. Sp94 I was #1 12+ (and the demos) in middays on that station (county CSAR), when it was WHMQ. Now it's dark.....

???

BAS and TRL are working to relocate WPFX - anyone seen anyone hanging an antenna in northwest Ohio?

While we're at it, is 1037-WCKY flying under Lima or Toledo direction? Seems logical they would report north, if they're planning to move that way sometime.

???

They'll need more than just chairs and desks to get 107.7 back on the air.

They'll need broadcast equipment, something they no longer have...

I hate to say this, but BAS screwed the pooch on this one. They could have been moving forward and getting things ready, but they didnt.

Lets just hope that the new owners do something good with it. Rumor I heard is that "We may be playing Everything" in Bowling Green and Findlay soon.

Any word on WPFX and Toledo Radio, Inc? Are they keeping the station? Any idea as to when they'll be back on the air? Format speculation?

This is weird. BAS buys WPFX from CC and shuts it down after moving the Fox to WBUK Ottawa and sells it.... Then buys WTTF from CC and sells that off to a sydnicated morning talk show host (whose only connection to Tiffin is its university)....but is still operating it as an LMA. Did BAS bite off more than they can chew?

kirkiefan said:
This is weird. BAS buys WPFX from CC and shuts it down after moving the Fox to WBUK Ottawa and sells it.... Then buys WTTF from CC and sells that off to a sydnicated morning talk show host (whose only connection to Tiffin is its university)....but is still operating it as an LMA. Did BAS bite off more than they can chew?
They also fired PD, Sports Director & Morning Show Host of 36 years Mark Fogg on WLEC up in Sandusky. Now 1450 is totally automated with automation running promos saying how "live & local" they are. ::)

BAS must have virtually NO ONE in the WLEC/WCPZ/WMJK building during the weekend now. 2 weeks ago during the Browns on 1450 EVERY local break had dead air, no legal I.D's, nothing. Makes you wonder if they even knew a game was on & since there's no CChannel engineer around, their optos are screwed & the new $3.00 an hour guy can't fix it.
OSU Basketball was the same way last weekend but with SOME local effort(2 things were playing at once)...or OSU's optos may be half functioning. Can they not afford someone to sit & hit an f-9 button every 4 minutes or so? Are they scared to call Fogg in to run the station he's P.D of?
They've completely turned 1450 AM into a non-credible piece of automated crap & probably didn't even hear what was going on. It'd sure be funny if the "good ole boys" went to try to impress friends & family with a weekend dog & pony show & they went to show the studios & there was nothing but dead air, trouble lights flashing & no one there. Really impressive, BAS. ::)

Last time I listened to WTTF...they weren't on the air until late morning which was this past summer.

Soudns as if BAS is losing money and better sell.

Sell WPFX to Decon Mike Learned up in Toledo...he's looking for a frequency!

nightfly61 said:
BAS must have virtually NO ONE in the WLEC/WCPZ/WMJK building during the weekend now. 2 weeks ago during the Browns on 1450 EVERY local break had dead air, no legal I.D's, nothing. Makes you wonder if they even knew a game was on & since there's no CChannel engineer around, their optos are screwed & the new $3.00 an hour guy can't fix it.
OSU Basketball was the same way last weekend but with SOME local effort(2 things were playing at once)...or OSU's optos may be half functioning. Can they not afford someone to sit & hit an f-9 button every 4 minutes or so? Are they scared to call Fogg in to run the station he's P.D of?
They've completely turned 1450 AM into a non-credible piece of automated crap & probably didn't even hear what was going on. It'd sure be funny if the "good ole boys" went to try to impress friends & family with a weekend dog & pony show & they went to show the studios & there was nothing but dead air, trouble lights flashing & no one there. Really impressive, BAS. ::)

Sounds like you spend alot of time listening! Maybe you can help fix it just like the CC engineers used to? Certainly CC Sandusky was at the top of their list after New York and L.A.

Or here's an idea, maybe you can bitch at it or throw crap like you always do. But they still won't let you on the air! ;)

One thing Bas does believe in is Board Ops. They hire a group of them to divy games and live remotes on. I have to give them credit there.

Most likely, they either didn't have a board op that weekend or there was a malfunction with the network connection in the hut.

Last I heard 100.9 was moving into Fremont and 92.1 moving into the Hut. Any more word on that?

Sell WPFX to Decon Mike Learned up in Toledo...he's looking for a frequency!

I've considered that possibility, 107.7(when it was on the air) did not have that great of coverage in Toledo, inside the house forget it and in the car scratchy at best. The Catholic group could buy 107.7 and trade it to CC for 103.7(which has decent coverage in Toledo).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom