• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPFX-FM

Since WPFX is licensed to North Baltimore,perhaps the xmtr should be move there and give a travellers on I-75 a clearer signal. There is also a relay tower at the Rt. 25 exit at Cygnet south of Bowling Green. Lots of round antennas on it though so it may not be feasible. There should be some sort of tower between Findlay and Bowling Green near the interstate somewhere. I know there's low power WFND-TV 22's tower south of Van Buren on the 'ol Dixie Highway (north Main St.)at Mortimer and the rail crossing. A CP can be applied to move it there couldn't it?

Or here's an idea, maybe you can bitch at it or throw crap like you always do. But they still won't let you on the air!
Who'd want to? I'm not intern(freebie)status so the "good ole boys network" would have no part of employing another human unless they had a satellite dish strapped to their head (there is no place for creativity, muchless human flavor there). Who'd want to be at a station who, with the reputation BAS has, demotes newscasters/jocks into 2 hour a week board-op monkeys? let's see...re: WLEC, the last time I heard that much dead air/poor quality production/lack of creativity was when BAS bought WFRO. Although as infrequently as I do punch up 1450 I get a kick out of how utterly pathetic it's become. The FM's on the other hand are just unlistenable.

I don't believe this station will be licensed to North Baltimore when it surfaces again.

nightfly61 said:
Or here's an idea, maybe you can bitch at it or throw crap like you always do. But they still won't let you on the air!
Who'd want to? I'm not intern(freebie)status so the "good ole boys network" would have no part of employing another human unless they had a satellite dish strapped to their head (there is no place for creativity, muchless human flavor there). Who'd want to be at a station who, with the reputation BAS has, demotes newscasters/jocks into 2 hour a week board-op monkeys? let's see...re: WLEC, the last time I heard that much dead air/poor quality production/lack of creativity was when BAS bought WFRO. Although as infrequently as I do punch up 1450 I get a kick out of how utterly pathetic it's become. The FM's on the other hand are just unlistenable.

You know what AC, I am sorry you lost your job at CC and that BAS did not pick you up. I know what it feels like to have your dreams taken away and to be pulled away from something you love. You eat, breath, bleed and sleep radio. But the one thing I see is that you do not assign any fault to your previous employer CC. They are a huge company who could have found room for you somewhere else and you could continue doing what you love but they did not. And if you did not know that there is no sure thing these days in any industry especially broadcasting I hope you know it now.

Keep your passion alive if you can by volunteering somewhere or by donating your time that way when your luck changes you'll be ready to go. I have been in the industry for over 30 years and could not imagine doing anything else but I too have weathered bad times and am still doing what I love.

After this recession is over there may very well be room for live people again in Sandusky

[](stomping on floor)WHY DID THE HANDY DROPDOWN BOX DISSAPPEAR? WHY HAS ALL THE HOT SWING ALSO DISSAPPEARED FROM ALL RADIO? SIRIUS SHOULD GET SERIOUS & HOIST SOME HEAVY HITTING XMAS SWING WAV FILES INTO THEIR CREATION SINCE NO ONE ELSE WILL. IT WOULD BE A GREAT THRILL THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS TO HEAR BLOCKS OF HEAVY MODERN CHRISTMAS SWING WITHOUT NONSWING BING, HORRID CHRISTMAS SHOES & THE LIKES OF THE SINGING DOGS BACKWARDS. HOW ABOUT THE SINGING VULTURES CAW-ING OUT THE STANDARDS WITH BELLS ON THEIR BEEKS! HOW ABOUT THAT OR HOW ABOUT THE AWARD WINNING SETZER XMAS SWING ALBUM OR RICHARD CHEESE OR EMO/THRASH/XMAS SWING FEATURING LONG FORGOTTEN MELODIES OF XMAS THROUGH THE GREAT DEPRESSION. YES TO THAT. EVERYONE ELSE CAN BE PLAYING 24 HOURS OF SEYMOUR SWINE. THAT IS ALL.[/color]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom