• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOW!

Well I tuned in this morrning on my Radiocard to 98.5 KBBT San antonio, I'm about 58 miles or so from San antonio, I'm about 30 miles south of Austin.. and right now, I'm reciving WUSV San Carlos Park, Florida What a skip!! Kind of like the station. But KBBT is starting to come in again, I couldnt believe it. All I have is a wire up on the wall for the antenna.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by jras20 on 06/15/05 04:09 PM.</FONT></P>

> Well I tuned in this morrning on my Radiocard to 98.5 KBBT
> San antonio, I'm about 58 miles or so from San antonio, I'm
> about 30 miles south of Austin.. and right now, I'm reciving
> WUSV San Carlos Park, Florida What a skip!! Kind of like
> the station. But KBBT is starting to come in again, I
> couldnt believe it. All I have is a wire up on the wall for
> the antenna.
>

That's a good catch! I live in SA and have always wanted to catch something out of FL but never have. I wonder what other goals people out there might be trying for.

Mr1986

Yeah it was pretty fun getting those stations this morrning, on my main stereo setup I have a fm antenna about 23' up pointed to San antonio, that was picking up WUSV as well as WRFM out of Palm Beach, FL at 11:21a. I love that RDS wish all stations would upgrade to it. That was one of the main reasons why I got that Denon tuner. Right now my TV is wide open, I got my antenna up about 27' up pointed to Austin on that same pole, it can most of the time pick up San antonio as well from the backside. But right now I cant get anything from 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13 is all at a blur. KTBC is the only one I can pick up right now on UHF ch.7... I have about the same setup over at my secound home, I have the same FM antenna about 20' up pointed to Houston, this place is out in Lavaca county, I also have my TV antenna pointed to San antonio. The last time I was down there (about 2 weeks ago) the TV was wide open all day, I couldnt recieve anything except KAVU 25 Victoria. Its fun doing this, get to check out other cities stations :)
.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by jras20 on 06/15/05 06:51 PM.</FONT></P>

> Yeah it was pretty fun getting those stations this morrning,
> on my main stereo setup I have a fm antenna about 23' up
> pointed to San antonio, that was picking up WUSV as well as
> WRFM out of Palm Beach, FL at 11:21a. I love that RDS wish
> all stations would upgrade to it. That was one of the main
> reasons why I got that Denon tuner. Right now my TV is wide
> open, I got my antenna up about 27' up pointed to Austin on
> that same pole, it can most of the time pick up San antonio
> as well from the backside. But right now I cant get
> anything from 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13 is all at a blur.
> KTBC is the only one I can pick up right now on UHF ch.7...
> I have about the same setup over at my secound home, I have
> the same FM antenna about 20' up pointed to Houston, this
> place is out in Lavaca county, I also have my TV antenna
> pointed to San antonio. The last time I was down there
> (about 2 weeks ago) the TV was wide open all day, I couldnt
> recieve anything except KAVU 25 Victoria. Its fun doing
> this, get to check out other cities stations :)
> .
>
Right now I am picking up 106.7 KBFO out of Aberdeen SD. and I am in McAllen Tx in the RGV on the Mexico border. Earlier I was picking up KCQQ out of Davenport Iowa and several others from South Carolina and Knoxville Tn. What a day for Dx'ing.

"WRFM"

Actually it's WRMF, from West Palm Beach, FL.

RE: Goals- E-Skip is very unpredictable that it's hard to really have a "goal," per se, to what area of the country you want to get stations from, basically, you just have to take whatever you can get and just be at the right place at the right time. E-Skip is a very unusual phenomenon!<P ID="signature">______________
Cary from Cherry Hill, NJ</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom