• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Worst Radio DJ handle(s) of all time

I've been Craven Moorhead before. I was surprised no one (listeners or upper management) called me on it until I signed off with, "I'm Craven Moorhead, and you are, too!", after one shift.

Kent said:
I've been Craven Moorhead before. I was surprised no one (listeners or upper management) called me on it until I signed off with, "I'm Craven Moorhead, and you are, too!", after one shift.

you're handle sounds more like GM name rather than a DJ

metroneck said:
Free beer and Hotwings wins my vote. Yours?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend who worked with a guy who was hired to do AM drive so they gave him the name Steve RISEIN (RISE-in). His show was "Risein' in the Morning". He was so bad they moved him to overnights after a few weeks but didn't change his name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kent said:

I didn't 'get it' until I said it out loud. That's funny, and original. How long did that name live on air before you were sniffed out.

Hey, I was once-
Cheerio... "The Lone Breakfast Flake"

But just for the heck of it, and only one time on a Sunday morning on KQ-102, KAQU, Lufkin, Texas.

Now for the real irony, a Cheerio is NOT a flake! (Now you know 'The Rest of the Story')

Oh, and there was this one too-
"Nite-Quill"

A take off on the band name NyQuill; My over-night handle on the same station, circa 1990.

Gimme a break, I was young.... very young!

Handle used in Houston (I think) back in the 70s. "Clete Dumpster." I think the dude had a copyright or trademark on it.

donicus said:
I always thought that Les Colinas was a bad one. ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remembered another...

A guy named Les Jones (his real name) would come out of a stop set and intro the music with,
"Now it's time for more music... and Les Jones!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was this guy who called himself Peter Erectus...but my favorite was the KITE-FM contest to choose the name for their new evening guy back in '76. The winner was Bermuda Schwartz.

There was a girl on the CC rock station in Beaumont that went by "Candy", I guess they went to the local Gentleman's club to recruit their voice track talent.

Wonder if Candy's last name was Cane? :D "Atom Smasher" from KRBE in Houston has to rank up there with some of the worst.

There's a guy named "Cornbread" on KMPS in Seattle. Cheesy name IMO.

-crainbebo

unclepudd said:
Benjamin "Ben" Dover

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Dover is not an air name.
Mr. & Mrs. Dover actually named their son Benjamin...
what were they thinking???
It is his real name.

------------------------------------------------------------------

metroneck said:
I didn't 'get it' until I said it out loud. That's funny, and original. How long did that name live on air before you were sniffed out.

I used it for about two months. My first day using it, I was board-opping syndicated programming before going on-air, and, when our promotions director called and asked who she was talking to, "I said Craven Moorhead!" She completely lost it in front of her client, and I thought I was surely going to get fired. I guess she, the client and our OM found it funny. Too bad the sales guys didn't share the same sense of humor!

crainbebo said:
There's a guy named "Cornbread" on KMPS in Seattle. Cheesy name IMO.

-crainbebo

Is this the same "Cornbread" who has been on some country radio stations in recent years?

C414B said:
Is this the same "Cornbread" who has been on some country radio stations in recent years?

The Cornbread I know of is still at WIL-FM 92.3 in St. Louis after moving there from Wichita about 10 years ago. He used to say the name was short for his real name, "Cornelius Breadinski," which, of course, was a joke. I used to know his real name but have long since forgotten it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom