• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

World's oldest person

That's because the previous holder just died at 115, on Tuesday.

Johnny Morgan said:
That's because the previous holder just died at 115, on Tuesday.

I'd like to read about that. Is there a link?
Also, was that person American? If not, there still would have been room to declare this person America's oldest person.

Then we can really get technical...Male or female? ;D

Johnny Morgan said:
On a sideline, when they reported that this guy died...shouldn't they have actually said "formerly the world's oldest person"--since he stopped being the oldest when he died.

Excellent point.
At leaast they mentioned this:

"A 114-year-old Connecticut woman, Emma Faust Tillman, is now believed to be the oldest living person. She was born Nov. 22, 1892."

Yeziknoradio said:
"A 114-year-old Connecticut woman, Emma Faust Tillman, is now believed to be the oldest living person. She was born Nov. 22, 1892."

I was listening to the new morning show on 990 AM in Hartford and they were talking about it. Then while they went into their Top of the Hour Newscast from IRN, I flipped over to 1080 AM the 50KW News/talk station and they mentioned that Ms. Tillman passed away at a local nursing home.

Here's the story: http://wtic.com/content_page.php?contentType=4&contentId=297303

Other than the free cake, I see no advantage to becoming the oldest person alive.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom