• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNTC/Ashland City: The Station With Two Concurrent Personalities

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with WNTC. The classic hits programming was pretty nice. Not a lot of advertisers with a new format and new owners on a small city 2 kilowatt AM and two translators, one of which covers Nashville...okay. I actually liked the imaging. It's different and appreciated.

When WENO was bought by the Fredericks and flipped to conservative talk, the gospel format that was housed there went to WNTC. Several times since the flip, I have heard classic hits on WNTC, usually on Sunday. Gospel back on the next day. Today, I heard Rick Dees on WNTC. There's even produced local news after the network news and Rick Dees mentioning the AM's frequency along with both translators. I checked out Gospel's Facebook page. They even posted this afternoon about making the big switch to 790 and 104.9. Odd.

I noticed that, too. My assumption was that they didn't have enough black gospel programming to fill up the whole time, so they just left the remaining time on the old format. I have NOT heard any local news on there. When did you hear that? I can get them on the car radio from out here. I have noticed the oldies on there usually late at night.

Back
Top Bottom