• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNSW 1430 AM and WJDM 1530 AM

For the past several years WNSW 1430 AM has been serving as the flagship station of Radio Cantico Nuevo, a Spanish Christian Network that was also heard on AM 990 in the Hartford, Connecticut area and on a few different Long Island stations - first WLIE 540 and later WNYG 1440. Now today I happened to hear a new Legal ID on Radio Cantico Nuevo.

WJDM 1530 AM Elizabeth, New Jersey
WNYH 740 AM Hungtington, New York
and WXCT 990 AM Souhtington, Connecticut.

If Radio Cantico Nuevo has in fact moved from WNSW 1430 to WJDM 1530, what is WNSW 1430 running now?

BJ Steigner said:
Maybe WJDM should flip to Dance and put the signal in New York City and tri state area.

Pulse 1530 Elizabeth's New Dance Music Leader!

Current-based music formats on AM won't work. There are no AM CHR stations. The only music formats on AM are oldies and ethnic and Radio Disney.

Nick said:
BJ Steigner said:
Maybe WJDM should flip to Dance and put the signal in New York City and tri state area.

Pulse 1530 Elizabeth's New Dance Music Leader!

Current-based music formats on AM won't work. There are no AM CHR stations. The only music formats on AM are oldies and ethnic and Radio Disney.

Wasn't WJDM's sister station at 1660 Dance Music at one point? I remember 1660 and about half a dozen other former Radio Aahs affiliates running a format called Beat Radio after "RA" went under.

Remember, WJDM was an oldies station at one time when it was "Solid Gold Rock & Roll". I used to listened to that station since 1989 and 1990, but it went head-to-head with CBS-FM. Sadly WJDM didn't last long until it went to Spanish Christian back in the early 90's.

All I can say for certain is 1430 is some English talk format. I've heard international-news based interviews from voices I don't recognize, but also sometimes sound British.

http://www.wnsw1430am.com/

The website says "The Voice of Russia"...

disney fanatic said:
Remember, WJDM was an oldies station at one time when it was "Solid Gold Rock & Roll". I used to listened to that station since 1989 and 1990, but it went head-to-head with CBS-FM. Sadly WJDM didn't last long until it went to Spanish Christian back in the early 90's.
It must've been later than that. I have an aircheck of 1530 WJDM playing '70s Rock music, with a live DJ, from 1997. They may have been time-brokered by then, but they still had at least some English language music programming (like how 930 WPAT still carries Danny Stiles' Big Band music show).

1660 WJDM also briefly had an automated Oldies format when it first went on the air around 1995, but after a few months it was sold to the owners of Aahs Radio, the pre-Radio-Disney children's music format (which was actually FAR superior to Radio Dizzy). After Aahs went bust, then on 1660 came Beat Radio and a long succession of brokered ethnic formats.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom