• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMGM TV

Univision bought WMGM down in Wildwood, NJ. They have Justice on 40.1, Get TV on the .2 and the Philly Univision station channel 65 simulcast in HD on the .3. Get TV moved over from Channel 65 that left the air and is now channel sharing with channel 17 in Philly. The Wildwood station does not make it up here over the air but, I still have Get TV on FiOS. Univision must be sending it up to Philly via fiber. I’ll bet the next thing is that they’ll be asking must carry for Justice on 40.1 on Verizon, Comcast, DirecTv and Dish soon in the Philly metro. WMGM was that small NBC affiliate down the shore that Comcast pulled a few years ago to protect O/O WCAU.

Univision bought WMGM down in Wildwood, NJ. They have Justice on 40.1, Get TV on the .2 and the Philly Univision station channel 65 simulcast in HD on the .3. Get TV moved over from Channel 65 that left the air and is now channel sharing with channel 17 in Philly. The Wildwood station does not make it up here over the air but, I still have Get TV on FiOS. Univision must be sending it up to Philly via fiber. I’ll bet the next thing is that they’ll be asking must carry for Justice on 40.1 on Verizon, Comcast, DirecTv and Dish soon in the Philly metro. WMGM was that small NBC affiliate down the shore that Comcast pulled a few years ago to protect O/O WCAU.

GetTV is viewable off WFPA-CD over the air currently. I have Fios as well, but can't find Bounce TV on it. But it has some of the same shows ("Cosby Show", "A Different World") that appear on the cable channel, TV One, so maybe that's why Fios isn't carrying it, or Univision is already pushing through too many subchannels on Fios. Let's see if Univision gets WMGM through the must-carry process on Fios/Comcast beyond Southeast NJ.

Last edited:
From Verizon FIOS's site, here is their list of local channels in the Philadelphia region:

2 - KJWP MeTV
3 - KYW CBS
4 - WACP TV
6 - WPVI ABC
10 - WCAU NBC
12 - WHYY PBS TV 12
13 - WTXF FOX
14 - WUVP Univision
15 - WFMZ
16 - WPSG CW
17 - WPHL PHL 17
18 - WPPX ION TV
19 - WMCN TV 44
25 - WTVE TV 51
26 - WFPA UniMás
27 - WWSI Telemundo
35 - WYBE MHz Worldview
39 - WLVT PBS TV 39
47 - WGTW TBN TV 48
460 - WCAU Cozi TV
463 - WPHL Antenna TV
464 - WFMZ AccuWeather
465 - WPVI ABC LAFF
466 - WPVI ABC Live Well HD
467 - WPHL This TV Network
468 - WPHL Comet
469 - WTXF Movies!
470 - WFMZ Heroes & Icons
472 - WLVT Create
473 - WHYY YKids
474 - WHYY Y2
477 - WLVT France 24
480 - WFMZ Retro Television Network
481 - WWSI Éxitos TV
483 - KYW Decades
487 - WTXF Buzzr
491 - WPPX qubo
492 - WPPX ION Life
495 - WFPA getTV
502 - KJWP MeTV HD
503 - KYW CBS HD
504 - WACP HD
506 - WPVI ABC HD
510 - WCAU NBC HD
512 - WHYY PBS HD
513 - WTXF FOX HD
514 - WUVP Univision HD
515 - WFMZ HD
516 - WPSG CW HD
517 - WPHL PHL 17 HD
518 - WPPX ION HD
519 - WMCN HD
527 - WWSI Telemundo HD
539 - WLVT PBS HD

Given this and even looking at Dish's channel lineup, I'd think Univision could push WMGM via must-carry, and convert it's primary signal to UniMás. Atleast on FIOS, it would guarantee UniMás HD coverage, which is notably lacking. Apparently GetTV is sourced from WFPA on Fios, atleast from Fios' listing. I'd like it if Bounce made a return to FIOS somehow.

I didn't know that Univision had put Get TV on WFPA. It appears that they recently took Univision off 28-2 and put Get there. I assumed we were getting it from channel 40. Bounce is showing up in the FiOS listings but the cable box won't tune to it.

Along with must-carry, is it possible that Univision can change the COL and transmitter with this station?

I read that WMCN changed it's COL from Atlantic City to Cherry Hill. In the past, the intent of such move (not considering signal interferences of other stations) wouldn't be allowed, moving from an under served area to an over served area and at that distance, but today such happens.

Along with must-carry, is it possible that Univision can change the COL and transmitter with this station?

I read that WMCN changed it's COL from Atlantic City to Cherry Hill. In the past, the intent of such move (not considering signal interferences of other stations) wouldn't be allowed, moving from an under served area to an over served area and at that distance, but today such happens.
WMCN changed its COL because they’re going to be channel sharing with WPHY. WGTW changed their COL because their channel sharing with WMGM. WWSI also changed its COL because they’re going to channel share with WCAU. ALL 3 channels could not get a signal to the original COL sharing the host transmitters.

WMCN changed its COL because they’re going to be channel sharing with WPHY. WGTW changed their COL because they’re channel sharing with WMGM. WWSI also changed its COL because they’re going to channel share with WCAU. ALL 3 channels could not get a signal to the original COL sharing the host transmitters.
Used wrong they’re. Couldn’t edit my post.

WMCN is now going to channel share with WHYY and change their COL to Princeton instead of Cherry Hill. Their studios are in Cherry Hill right behind Comcast on 561.

GetTV is viewable off WFPA-CD over the air currently. I have Fios as well, but can't find Bounce TV on it. But it has some of the same shows ("Cosby Show", "A Different World") that appear on the cable channel, TV One, so maybe that's why Fios isn't carrying it, or Univision is already pushing through too many subchannels on Fios. Let's see if Univision gets WMGM through the must-carry process on Fios/Comcast beyond Southeast NJ.

Fios added Bounce earlier this month. It's on channel 485. Justice, WMGM's primary channel, is on 484.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom