• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLW converting to HD

Len14043

Inactive
Inactive User
I just read on the DX board that WLW will be off the air Sunday 1-5 AM to install the digital transmitter. Being familiar with their signal, I bet they will be able put a digital signal in Columbus, Dayton and possibly Indianapolis and Louisville. It would be nice to get reception reports. This may be the nudge I need to purchase an HD radio.

> I just read on the DX board that WLW will be off the air
> Sunday 1-5 AM to install the digital transmitter. Being
> familiar with their signal, I bet they will be able put a
> digital signal in Columbus, Dayton and possibly Indianapolis
> and Louisville. It would be nice to get reception reports.
> This may be the nudge I need to purchase an HD radio.
>

Heck I can get them during the day some 430+ miles away, but perhaps not enough signal to get the HD light to light up. I keep trying for 1530 but to no avail for the HD signal.

> > I just read on the DX board that WLW will be off the air
> > Sunday 1-5 AM to install the digital transmitter. Being
> > familiar with their signal, I bet they will be able put a
> > digital signal in Columbus, Dayton and possibly
> Indianapolis
> > and Louisville. It would be nice to get reception reports.
>
> > This may be the nudge I need to purchase an HD radio.
> >
>
> Heck I can get them during the day some 430+ miles away, but
> perhaps not enough signal to get the HD light to light up.
> I keep trying for 1530 but to no avail for the HD signal.
>
I believe 1530 WCKY is still broadcasting at lower power due to their transmitter fire last year.

WLW was off to install a new digital transmitter last night. I did not note any IBOC hash today, but I'm sure its just a matter of time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom