• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKBE “Big Country” Streaming Down

Last week, I was going to listen to WKBE’s “Big Country 107.1” and I told Alexa to play WKBE, and I heard that “The Point from TuneIn Live is currently unavailable”. WTF WKBE?!! What is up with the stream? I tried TuneIn and on the “The Point” app and I get no luck, but it keeps saying “You are outside of the broadcasting area for TuneGenie”. This is ridiculous! It was working fine about three days ago, and now, it’s not working! I live in Kingston, NY, and I can’t get “Big Country” to stream online. That sucks! I want to listen to Kevin Richards with his “Classic Country Hall of Fame” show and I want to listen to some great classic country songs, but no use. This is why WKBE’s “Big Country” streaming is going downhill. I hope if it gets fixed, maybe it will stream it worldwide rather than geoblocking. I hope WKBE’s “Big Country” will stream it worldwide in the future.

stations geo-fence to reduce streaming fees.

It costs a lot of money to stream to out of area listeners that you can not monetize.

In this day and age stations are unwilling to give money away like that.

Kingston NY is far outside their predicted fringe pattern, and not even close to their predicted distant coverage area

Try streaming off the WKBE website. No problem at all here in the NH/VT Upper Valley, far from the station's coverage area.

No dice in Alaska, the website gave me an error, says i cant stream from my location

Weird. Just tried again, got a brief "content starts after ad" message, then right into Sawyer Brown's "Some Girls Do" with no ad at all! Wonder why this little pocket of eastern VT and western NH was chosen to access this far-off station's stream.

It could be where your ISP is telling the world you are.

For example, I am on the west coast of FL.

My ISP is based out of Miami

Every time I go to a retail website it puts up the retail store location nearest me as someplace in Miami.

It could be where your ISP is telling the world you are.

For example, I am on the west coast of FL.

My ISP is based out of Miami

Every time I go to a retail website it puts up the retail store location nearest me as someplace in Miami.
My ISP tells the world I'm in Hanover, NH, about a dozen miles north of my actual location and just across the Connecticut River. Still shouldn't be allowed to listen to a station in Corinth, NY.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom