• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJLX 200' tower reported stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
These FM translators are not revitalizing AM. Instead they are moving the remaining AM listeners to FM. And, most AM listeners switched to FM forty years ago.
I agree. When I first heard about these things in the 'AM Revitalization Act', I thought 'Now just how is AM going to be 'revitalized' by driving the last remaining people listening to FM? And where is 101.5 on AM again? Because 60% of these AM with FMX stations rarely to NEVER mention their home AM frequencies or incorporate it as boldly into their branding. Or why some stations reduce AM power, anything to play down the AM side when the AM side is what this is all about?

And how the hell does all this revitalize AM, again?
AW GREAT!! Now everybody in China is talking about it! Is everybody happy now?

And now, like the rest of us, they're all asking "OK. Look. Like what f... Why didn't somebody at the station notice? Who was paying attention the night or year or whenever this thing disappeared? And why was nobody not even listening to this station"

And most of all, what does it say about AM radio everywhere and the various gimmicks used to fool ourselves we can overcome it's technical limitations and most of all, public image?

Okay, this is a constant rehash of a vague news article about a station that may not even have been operating on AM.

Time to put this to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom