• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJLS 560 West Virginia

WIND was off the air early this morning (11/20) starting about 12:07 - unexpectedly - I was just listening in to Mike Gallagher when suddenly the carrier went off. Okay that's cool, time to go from listening mode to DX mode. So at first it was just a jumble of noise, expecting to hear KWTO or WEBC - which I usually hear underneath WIND. Then, I'm thinking maybe Miami....dream on... so some audio starts rising out of the noise and it's Gospel music - okaaay - what could this be? Then Dr. James Dobson is talking, okay. So the announcer starts talking and says what I thought was "WJMS" but I know that's on 590 from the U.P., so I go get my WRTH, and it lists a WJLS from Beckley, West Virginia. Not a bad signal for 470 watts (and of course, it's nulled towards Chicago) WJLS was coming in the better part of the hour here in No. Illinois, and WIND was off the air until just before 1:00 a.m.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom