• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJBR is all Christmas.

Jingle Bell Radio. I see what they did there.

Still more creative than 106.

I know this is corny as all hell but corny is catchy and that is what you want with a stunt set up to intro a new format.

I woulda went with "Merry 106-Mas Philly" or "Santa's Merry 106-Mas".

They followed Real 106.1. They don't want to lose their listeners to a new AC competitor.
Christmas music tends to get people to add a station to their presets. They would tend to keep the new preset after Christmas. WJBR doesn't want its listeners to even tune to 106.1. They know most also have 101.1 on their presets so they don't mind losing some of their listeners to B101.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom