• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wish WTOP was on AM, as well as FM

At one time, WTOP was on 820AM. Now they are using that frequency to run WFED's programming. 820 has a great daytime signal and gets into Pennsylvania quite well. TOP is on three FM's, but even with their respective reach once you are North of Baltimore the signals start getting spotty.

WFED's programming is highly specialized and would imagine has little interest outside of people who work in government. I would love to see WTOP back on 820AM. That would really give the station added coverage and would be a definite pre set on my radios.

NO! simply because the evidence shows that WTOP-FM is doing well on FM only. Hubbard ain't going to waste money for an AM signal for WTOP.

There have been rumors that WTOP-103.5 and WFED-1500 may be sold to CBS, and it's also been reported that CBS will change an AM station it owns in the market to some kind of Federal-related business news.

Since CBS already owns all-news WNEW-99.1, I could see a scenario, if CBS buys WTOP and WFED, that CBS will drop Federal News Radio on 1500, use it to simulcast WTOP, and flip 99.1 to something else (maybe sports??).

I stress that these are only rumors. Nothing has been confirmed.

Joseph_Gallant said:
There have been rumors that WTOP-103.5 and WFED-1500 may be sold to CBS, and it's also been reported that CBS will change an AM station it owns in the market to some kind of Federal-related business news.

Since CBS already owns all-news WNEW-99.1, I could see a scenario, if CBS buys WTOP and WFED, that CBS will drop Federal News Radio on 1500, use it to simulcast WTOP, and flip 99.1 to something else (maybe sports??).

I stress that these are only rumors. Nothing has been confirmed.

Why would Hubbard Inc sell WTOP-FM if the evidence show that they are No1 in revenue and top 5 in the ratings in DC? When did Hubbard say they are leaving the radio industry?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom