• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

window mobile radio

M

mrtexmex2007

I have an HTC Diamond phone and would like to know if there are any other websites where I can listen to streaming radio on my phone. I currently listen to htcrado.com and also www.oooaudio.com but I wanted to see it there were anyothers you guys right know about. I tried the mobtuner.com and pdatuner.com ones and they didnt work on my phone.

mrtexmex2007 said:
I ... listen to ... www.oooaudio.com ...

Real catchy name, almost as good as www.oooaardvark.com. I decided to monitor one of the "ooo" streams. Seems they are really 1Club.fm. That's what their sweepers and promos say. Just another slimy outfit that is willing to lie in order to get listed at or near the top of a station tuner listing. They've got the exciter turned up so high that every song is covered up by a chorus of tambourines. Painful to listen.

vsa said:
mrtexmex2007 said:
I ... listen to ... www.oooaudio.com ...

Real catchy name, almost as good as www.oooaardvark.com. I decided to monitor one of the "ooo" streams. Seems they are really 1Club.fm. That's what their sweepers and promos say. Just another slimy outfit that is willing to lie in order to get listed at or near the top of a station tuner listing. They've got the exciter turned up so high that every song is covered up by a chorus of tambourines. Painful to listen.

oooaudio.com was created because 1club.fm is considered a social networking site (because it is with radio) and so oooaudio was made only for people who cannot get access to the 1club.fm site while at work. 1club.fm is blocked on tons of company networks.

http://mashable.com/2009/10/06/employers-block-twitter/ - the same with 1club.fm

as for the sound quality.. sounds pretty damn good on my cell phone and especially through my car system... where the bulk of the listeners come from these days.

oooaudio is not listed in any major directory by the way.. not slimy at all.

Yes and when I go to www.htc.com stops and buffers alot more than ooaudio

[/quote]

oooaudio.com was created because 1club.fm is considered a social networking site (because it is with radio) and so oooaudio was made only for people who cannot get access to the 1club.fm site while at work. 1club.fm is blocked on tons of company networks.

http://mashable.com/2009/10/06/employers-block-twitter/ - the same with 1club.fm

as for the sound quality.. sounds pretty damn good on my cell phone and especially through my car system... where the bulk of the listeners come from these days.

oooaudio is not listed in any major directory by the way.. not slimy at all.
[/quote]

going to www.krbx.com on your mobile phone sends you to a page with links to listen directly from an HTC phone (I have a touch pro). Also works with iPhones too, just sends you to a different page with iPhone-compatible links.

Plus if I remember correctly that is the website that will "grab" CC radio station URLs they hide from you so that you can listen on the mobile (pisses me off that they cater only to iphone and BB and skip WM)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom