• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why no Mainstream AC in Myrtle Beach?

Don't think the market has an urban station either. They do have a classic hits WSYN and adult hits station WYNA, In Charlotte K 1004.7 lists as an AC but is more of a classic hits station, could be the same thing here?

Don't think the market has an urban station either. They do have a classic hits WSYN and adult hits station WYNA, In Charlotte K 1004.7 lists as an AC but is more of a classic hits station, could be the same thing here?
WEZV is not "classic hits". Most of the songs are older, but they are softer than what K-104.7 plays.

WYNA might as well call itself "classic hits". I've never been able to tell any real difference from Sunny.

98.5 Kiss FM is urban. Did you think it was still urban AC? Every time I checked it while in Myrtle Beach, it was playing rap.

I don't know why WEZV is still calling itself "The New Easy". Isn't it still doing the same thing as two years ago?

Also, they're talking about a new fresher mix. It seems about the same. I got tired of it pretty quickly.

They also call it "relaxing". They tried to get rid of that image a few years ago. Yeah, "Conga" by Miami Sound Machine and "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake are quite relaxing.

Seems like there are several stations using slightly varied recipes for blueberry muffins here. Depending on where you bite them they're all the same. And more than once, 103.1 104.9 and 105.9 have all been playing the same song within five minutes of each other. Bless the rains.

WEZV finally has a "last songs played" list again. Also relaxing: "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul ,"Maniac" by Michael Sembello and "Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield.
I do have one comment re Easy 105.9 (also goes for another adult oriented local, 94-9 the Surf). The sound quality of the music to these almost 60 year old ears on both stations is refreshing, solid not shrill (as in Sunny 103.1) and punchy I'm the low end. The highs are rolled off a bit at least on the equipment I use. It's nice to me.

I guess the sound quality is good.

I continue to be amazed at how relaxing the music is, when such a thing is considered bad on radio stations that want to reach younger listeners. For example, "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran and "Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart.

I guess the sound quality is good.

I continue to be amazed at how relaxing the music is, when such a thing is considered bad on radio stations that want to reach younger listeners. For example, "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran and "Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart.
I'd go with 94.9 if I really wanted to 'relax at the beach'.

Back
Top Bottom