• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why are they censoring where Justin Bieber gets his weed from?

Same thing with Nickelback's rockstar where they censor the word "drug." It glorifies drug use for kids that might be listening. On everlast's what it's like they censor "chrome 45" so gun use is the same way.

Once again the question is who is "they?" In Nickleback's case there is an official radio edit done by the label.

Once again the question is who is "they?" In Nickleback's case there is an official radio edit done by the label.
There's rock stations that play the album version. It was mainly chrs and ac (don't remember if that ever went to ac) that played the radio edit.

Have you read your subject line? It doesn't match what you just said.
Because "Why are they censoring what Justin Bieber gets in California?" isn't as catchy of a headline.

I asked who "they" are. You haven't answered. If the AC station you listen to is owned by the Mormon church, and several are, they will not promote the use of marijuana.
The corporate radio conglomerates: iHeartRadio, Cumulus, Audacy, etc. Nearly all states allow marijuana for medicinal use, and numerous states allow it for recreational use as well. But if you sing it in a song, even if the intended use could very well be medicinal, some consultant in Atlanta declared that that's a no-no for the entire country.

If anything, they should be more offended by Justin referring to his girlfriend as a "chick" and a "badass bitch" in the song. Because that's what the song is actually all about -- not the passing mention of weed.

Because "Why are they censoring what Justin Bieber gets in California?" isn't as catchy of a headline.

So lying is OK if it's catchy?

The corporate radio conglomerates: iHeartRadio, Cumulus, Audacy, etc.

You're basing this on one station or one market? How do you know it's the radio company and not a custom edit made by the record label in order to get more spins on a song? They do things like this for radio stations. It happens all the time. The version I heard doesn't have "bi*ch" or "s**t" in it.

It really is a terrible song. His voice is auto-tuned to the max. If fact he sounds like a computer. The song is filled with expletives. He's a white guy from Canada trying to sound like Jenny from the block. It's embarrassing.
If Bieber had to live without Autotune, he'd make Bob Dylan sound like Pavarotti by comparison.

Well, "Pumped up Kicks" by Foster the People has the word gun and bullet bleeped out on most AC and Hot AC stations, but keeps the word in tact on most Alternative/ Rock stations.

"Better than, better run, fast than my. All the other kids."
"Outrun my. All the other kids."

Here in NY/NJ, I never heard "Pumped Up Kicks" played on AC stations, and Hot AC stations played it with the full lyrics intact -- until the Sandy Hook shooting, and then it disappeared from the airwaves.

Pretty funny. Now Bieber is expanding his "peaches" brand with his own weed:

Willie Nelson would be proud.
When will they be collaborating on a crossover hit? Maybe they could convince Blake Shelton or Florida Georgia Line or Eric Church -- all admitted users of the stuff -- to join in to give it more contemporary country appeal!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom