• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? reruns return to syndication on CW+ and other stations

Due to Cops, Live PD: Police Patrol, and Sheriffs: El Dorado County being pulled from both the network and syndication airwaves, Disney/ABC has begun helping stations fill their voids by leasing reruns of the syndicated version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, which was cancelled at the end of the 2018-19 season. This is not to be confused with the original 1999 primetime series hosted by Regis Philbin or the 2020 reboot hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.

The lease officially began this past Monday. The episodes are hosted by Chris Harrison and are from the series' final season (2018-19), in order of original air date. The first run began at the season premiere, while the second run, for stations that carry it, began with February 2019 episodes. Earlier this month, Deadline reported that Disney was touting Millionaire as a syndication replacement for Cops, which is now under their ownership.

A double run of Millionaire has quietly replaced a double run of Live PD: Police Patrol (which officially ends it syndication run at the end of this week) on The CW Plus, which applies to most CW affiliates in DMAs ranked 100 or lower. The episodes are airing in Live PD's former time slots of 12:00 and 12:30 AM weeknights, local time, or 11:00 and 11:30 PM in Alaska. Unlike Live PD's syndication run, Millionaire does not appear to offer a weekend run (the original run never had one, either, unlike other syndicated game shows such as Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and Family Feud).

For DMAs above #100, only two markets have picked up Millionaire in time for this week, while four others will begin airing it next week.

Stations airing it as of 6/15...

San Francisco: KOFY 7 (independent) at 2:00 and 2:30 PM Pacific.

Las Vegas: KVVU FOX 5 at 3:30 AM Pacific (single run only).

Stations adding it starting 6/22...

Los Angeles: KCOP My 13 at 1:00 AM Pacific (single run only), sliding America Says to 1:30, formerly Paid Programming.

Cleveland: WBNX CW 55 at 2:00 and 2:30 AM Eastern, replacing an encore of Lauren Lake's Paternity Court (which apparently recently replaced Cops) and Sherrifs: El Dorado County.

Charleston/Huntington, WV: WQCW CW 30 at 10:00 and 10:30 AM Eastern, replacing The Real, which will move to 2:00 PM, replacing a double run of Live PD.

Huntsville/Decatur, AL: WHNT-DT2 19.2 (independent) at 7:00 and 7:30 PM Central, replacing a double run of Cops.

Ok I’ve got an update! WISDT-2 will be adding Millionaire starting Monday June 22nd at 4 & 4:30pm.
Millionaire will replace America Says now moving to 2 & 2:30am replacing Live P.D. RightThisMinute will be on now 4 times a day at 2 & 2:30pm and 3 & 3:30am. RightThisMinute will replace Cops. Just a little background on Millionaire. The run aired on WIS before but last fall 2018 or the last season WIS dropped it, WOLO picked it up and aired it at 1:37am. The show previously aired at 4:30pm on WIS.

As I stated on the main syndication thread it will also replace Cops on WCCB Saturday and Sunday overnights from 1 to 3:30 am. (Five episodes per night). WCCB happens to be a sister station to WOLO. (Bahakel’s flagship). I believe WIS was the station I first saw Millionaire listed.

Found several more non-CW+ markets adding Millionaire starting next week...

Phoenix: KAZT 7 (independent) weeknights at 12:00 and 12:30 AM Mountain. This causes the double run of Funny You Should Ask from 11:30-12:30 to slide back to 11-12, which in turn causes Access Hollywood to slide back from 11 to 10 PM, replacing a double run of Live PD. 12:30 replaces one of two episodes of M*A*S*H.

Seattle: KZJO My 22 is only carrying one run of the show and will be delaying the five episodes to weekends. For at least the first weekend, they will air Saturdays at 4:00 PM (moving Modern Family to 3:30 PM Sundays), 4:30 PM (sliding Pawn Stars earlier to 3:30), and 11:00 PM Pacific (replacing one of two episodes Just for Laughs Gags), and Sundays at 1:00 and 1:30 PM; KZJO will be dropping its Sunday afternoon movies for Thu-Fri Millionaire and the new slots for Modern Family's weekend run.

Detroit: WADL 38 (independent) weekdays at 11:00 and 11:30 AM Eastern, replacing one of two airings of ES.TV and one of two Friends.

Milwaukee: WITI FOX 6 weekdays at 1:00 and 1:30 PM Central, replacing Live PD and Cops.

Albany, NY: WNYA My 31 weeknights (Tue-Sat) at 3:30 AM Eastern, replacing Comics Unleashed.

Knoxville: WVLT My 8.2 weekdays at 10:00 and 10:30 AM Eastern, replacing a double run of Live PD.

Lexington: WTVQ My 36.2 weekdays at 2:00 and 2:30 PM Eastern, replacing a double run of Cops.

Roanoke: WZBJ My 24 weekdays at 2:30 PM Eastern, which causes the hour-long True Crime Files to slide from 2:00 to 1:00, replacing Cops and sliding Forensic Files from 1:30 to 2:00.

Bryan/College Station, TX: KBTX CBS 3 weeknights (Tue-Sat) at 1:37 AM, replacing Cops. The only "Big Three" affiliate to be acquiring Millionaire's comeback, and perhaps the only one that had still been airing Cops. Although KBTX is a semi-sattelite of KWTX 10 in Waco, the latter does not carry Cops nor Millionaire.

One market will not be adding Millionaire until June 29:

Greenville, SC/Asheville, NC: WHNS FOX 21 weekdays at 4:00 AM, replacing Cops.

I think WXSP will just air paid programming at 2:30AM as TV passport doesn't say what will air at 2:30AM for Live PD: Police Patrol. WXSP is keeping Cops at 2AM I don't know why they just make Cops a full hour or put Mike & Molly or 2 Broke Girls for a double run at 2:30AM.

Found even more markets that added Millionaire starting this week.

New York: WLNY 55 (independent), five episodes from the single run delayed to weekends: Saturdays at 5:00 and 5:30 PM (I don't know what show these replace), Sundays at 2:00 PM, and Mondays at 2:00 and 2:30 AM Eastern. The latter three airings replace Cops, which also aired five weekday run episodes delayed to weekends.

Philadelphia: WPSG CW 57 is also airing only the single run with the five episodes delayed to weekends: Saturdays at 5:00, 5:30, and 6:30 PM (6:00 is an infomercial), Sundays at 6:30 PM, and Mondays at 3:00 AM Eastern. Not sure what the Saturday airings replace, but the Sunday evening one replaces Impractical Jokers, and the Monday morning one repalces Cops.

Oklahoma City: KAUT 43 (independent) weekdays at 4:00 and 4:30 AM Central. Not sure what they replaced.

Waco/Bryan/College Station, TX: Originally slated to air on Bryan's KBTX CBS 3 weeknights at 1:37 AM to replace one run of Cops, Millionaire instead was added to Waco's KCNT CW 46, a sister station to KWTX CBS 10, which KBTX is a semi-satellite of, but does not have entirely the same programming. KBTX is instead replacing its Cops with DailyMailTV. KCNT is airing Millionaire at 4:30 AM (single run only), also replacing Cops. However, it appears they are airing it on a one-weekday-delay, with Friday episodes airing Monday mornings. Cops did still air on KCNT last Monday morning, with Millionaire replacing it on Tuesday.

And adding Millionaire starting June 29...

Kansas City: KSMO My 62 weekdays at 11:00 and 11:30 AM Central, replacing Dateline, which moved to 12:00 PM to replace a double run of Cops. This is probably one of the only stations that's still airing Cops as of the week of June 22.

Found four more. Two that added it this week...

Hawaii: KHON CW 2.2 weekdays at 11:00 and 11:30 AM Hawaii time.

Madison, WI: WMTV CW 15.2 weeknights (Tue-Sat) at 2:00 AM Eastern (single run only).

Two that are adding it starting next week...

Atlanta: WUPA CW 69 weeknights (Tue-Sat) at 3:30 AM Eastern, replacing Cops. Single run only, though listings have the episodes as the ones from the second run, probably an error.

Miami: WBFS My 33 weekdays at 4:30 AM (single run only), replacing Cops.

Seattle: KZJO My 22 is only carrying one run of the show and will be delaying the five episodes to weekends. For at least the first weekend, they will air Saturdays at 4:00 PM (moving Modern Family to 3:30 PM Sundays), 4:30 PM (sliding Pawn Stars earlier to 3:30), and 11:00 PM Pacific (replacing one of two episodes Just for Laughs Gags), and Sundays at 1:00 and 1:30 PM.

KZJO's Sunday airings of Millionaire are now generally 3:00 and 3:30 PM, but sometimes slide around if the station chooses to air movies in the afternoon.

Three more markets added the show last week:

Providence: WPRI My 12.2 weekday mornings at 6:00 and 6:30 AM Eastern. The latter time slot replaced Cops; not sure what the former was.

Green Bay: WACY My 32 weeknights at 2:30 AM Central. Not sure what it replaced, but I do know WACY did not carry any cop shows.

Syracuse: WSYT-DT3 (formerly WNYS) My 43 weekday mornings at 9:00 and 9:30 AM Eastern, which replaced a double run of Cops.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom