• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who Should Be WSIL-TV's New Weekend Anchor?

S

scottc68

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, let me ask you....if you were making this decision, who would you place behind the anchor desk on weekends at WSIL-TV?

The choices are:

(A) Shawn Smetana

(B) Jackie McPherson

(C) Staci Bunton

(D) Someone else entirely

For those who are not familiar with WSIL, it is licensed to Harrisburg with studios in Carterville and serves far southern Illinois.

Let's bring back the Harrisburg fifteen minutes newscast days with "Stoic" Steve and the ghost of "Uncle Briggs"......

"Skipper T." CIL-FM 1979-82

Wanna' beat "6" and "12".... Do as the French... Get a naked stripper from a local club to read the stories and have her captioned in the corner of the screen, as the video clipped stories air, taking it off... Now that would get SIU, SEMO and Murray State students really into the news... Only in the Carbondale area would it be considered a 'moderate' push to the left of center... Ha...

I vote for Ted Baxter. Wait, he's dead. Next choice, Ted Hite.

skippertthomas said:
Wanna' beat "6" and "12".... Do as the French... Get a naked stripper from a local club to read the stories and have her captioned in the corner of the screen, as the video clipped stories air, taking it off... Now that would get SIU, SEMO and Murray State students really into the news... Only in the Carbondale area would it be considered a 'moderate' push to the left of center... Ha...

I can get some of my former girl friends that worked at then the "DuMorac" to be the background strippers.. They can interpet the news BETTER than the drive by media..Don't you think??? I would gladly be the news director.. I am a great director.. (Ha).... :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom