• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Which Puerto Rican stations stream their audio via internet?

I've meant to post this for a long time, however the quote below prompted me to type in earnest.

DavidEduardo said:
My point in mentioning PR is that it is the only place in the US where a Spanish CHR has worked up till now... our KQ 105 has been top 5 for the last several years, but only recently has it moved to #1 because there is a really terrific set of songs, artists and rhythms available in pop music, ranging from alternative to bachata to modern salsa to pop and ballads. To a great extent, as we know, CHRs ride on the product and tend to be very cyclical. At this moment, there is a lot of good stuff, and it can be seen in the results of this kind of station.

(excerpted from the Houston board)

David, is there any possibility that WKAQ FM and AM could stream their respective audio via the web?
I know Radio Reloj used to do so until after a few months of being acquiesced (sp) by Univision.
How about WIPR AM/FM?

I listen quite often to Radio Isla, Salsoul, Radio Puerto Rico (WIAC) and Notiuno.

By the way, to me WKAQ AM will always be "Radio Reloj" (just as it was "Radio El Mundo" to my parents and grandparents). Why did they drop the name?

Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings.

thathoustonradiogeek said:
David, is there any possibility that WKAQ FM and AM could stream their respective audio via the web?
I know Radio Reloj used to do so until after a few months of being acquiesced (sp) by Univision.

When the stations moved from the old Channel 2 / El Mundo Building, they found far more limited infrastructure in the outskirts of the metro, and have had constant T1 and DSL issues. It's a very, very low priority, as all the Island has AM and FM coverage, so streaming is realtively unimportant.

By the way, to me WKAQ AM will always be "Radio Reloj" (just as it was "Radio El Mundo" to my parents and grandparents). Why did they drop the name?

"Radio Reloj" was, theoretically, the news blocks. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, 6-9 AM was Radio Reloj, the news show. Later, when music moved to FM, the whole station was Radio Reloj. Now, there is no news block at any time, and the name went away with the end of block news.

Thank You for your quick reply, David.

DavidEduardo said:
When the stations moved from the old Channel 2 / El Mundo Building, they found far more limited infrastructure in the outskirts of the metro, and have had constant T1 and DSL issues. It's a very, very low priority, as all the Island has AM and FM coverage, so streaming is relatively unimportant.

Hopefully those issues will be improved upon in the future as there is (I think/hope) Puerto Rican "exiles" (aside from myself ;D) who would love to hear more stations in addition to the ones I mentioned in my first post.

DavidEduardo said:
"Radio Reloj" was, theoretically, the news blocks. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, 6-9 AM was Radio Reloj, the news show. Later, when music moved to FM, the whole station was Radio Reloj. Now, there is no news block at any time, and the name went away with the end of block news.

Makes sense. :)

KQ 105 does stream now,, Just a heads up, I was listening to them the other day.. Good mix of both Pop in Spanish, and some in english... KQ 105 also plays a fair shair of Latin Hip Hop and Dance Music as well..... In other words, KQ-105 is very entertaining to listen to. I would put the link, but its to long and difficult, just do a google search for KQ-105, and from there you can start streaming,,,, Univision actually uses pretty cool pop up players with decent sound quality,, Plus, if your like me and either know very little spanish, or none at all, you can translate their page into English... 8) ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom