• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where's Kyle?

In July 2000, Red Apple bought 107.1 WLIR-FM from VMT. A casualty of that sale was Kyle Hirshon who almost single handedly had run the station. At that time, I urged another station to immediately hire this very talented young man.

As it turns out, in 2021 Kyle became a producer at WRGB-TV in Schenectady, NY and is now a producer at our own News 12 Long Island.

Here is a link to his web site where he describes his journey: KYLE HIRSHON - About

Congratulations to Kyle and best wishes for continued success!

Wow, thank you so much for your thoughtful comments.

I miss doing my thing at WLIR. Allow me to explain what the situation was. When Red Apple bought us, part of the deal was to include me as part of their staff. I was working with WABC as an overnight board operator from July through December 2020. My shifts were very limited and it was nearly financially impossible for me to commute if they were only booking me for one night a week. I was there a short amount of time because I realized that WABC at the time was a highly toxic environment. I'm not sure if things have changed for the better, but that experience alone soured my taste for radio and the business. As you pointed out, I am no longer in the radio business and have no plans on returning.

As of this writing, I am also no longer with News 12. However, I do plan to remain in the NYC TV market for the foreseeable future.

Again, I thank you for your kind words and not to worry, I'm not going anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom