• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where'd The Country Go?

For what it's worth, they have changed the web page back to 105.9 The Oasis. For the last week it was 106.7 The Oasis. Are they having second thoughts about dropping Classic Country?

Speaking of country radio, where did 94.1's listeners go??? Holy mackerel. That's GOT to be the worst share in the history of that radio station, at least for the PPM era.

I don't understand how such a big signal, with a great tower location, programming country in the Ohio Valley can earn such horrendous ratings.

With 105.9 The Oasis drawing some decent numbers in Dayton, I wonder if any Dayton stations will be tempted to try the 80s, 70s, 60s blend when 105.9 goes home to Jesus.
95.3 The Eagle could use an update, their numbers are pretty flat and I'm being kind and 92.9 Jack wtf? I still don't get that mishmash

With 105.9 The Oasis drawing some decent numbers in Dayton, I wonder if any Dayton stations will be tempted to try the 80s, 70s, 60s blend when 105.9 goes home to Jesus.
95.3 The Eagle could use an update, their numbers are pretty flat and I'm being kind and 92.9 Jack wtf? I still don't get that mishmash
Please, don't even use abbreviated profanities unless they are a quote from a broadcast or a "figure" in the industry.

Cox stations tend to be that way with music. I was a huge fan of The Point on 95.7, but throughout all those years it always sounded the same. Comfort music/dependable background noise at times, and at other times you just wanted to say "geesh, change it up a little." Houston's 106.9 The Point was even worse in the same regard with the same format.

All syndicated all the time, going against Grover and a much better B-105.
Difficult to say "Grover" B-105 is better. The daytime airstaff is solid, beyond that they'd be better automated. The music is a mess..do they even know how to use selector? Basic rotations aren't right. There's no reason WUBE shouldn't be the #1 music station In the market...yet they aren't even close. WSAI FM is haunted/cursed. Even when their programming is good.. Kix Country.. they fail.

Cincinnati is a strange radio place for sure

I’ve been thinking the same thing. If they could nudge that signal a little farther north so at least it covered Cincinnati and its suburbs, then maybe it makes more sense. But that‘s not likely.
Not possible with 107.1 in Cincinnati and maybe 106.5 @ 50K watts in Greenville.

Not possible with 107.1 in Cincinnati and maybe 106.5 @ 50K watts in Greenville.
Could they not do a boost translator on the same frequency? WXBW 101.5 in the Huntington/Ashland market does that. The "main" signal is in Gallipolis, Ohio with a translator on the same frequency in Huntington. Or, find or purchase an existing translator? Or, even better, purchase WDJO and "do it right". Just a few thoughts.

Could they not do a boost translator on the same frequency? WXBW 101.5 in the Huntington/Ashland market does that. The "main" signal is in Gallipolis, Ohio with a translator on the same frequency in Huntington. Or, find or purchase an existing translator? Or, even better, purchase WDJO and "do it right". Just a few thoughts.

You're describing an on channel booster.. big difference. and different rules.

It has to be within the 60dbu contour of the mothership, its not supposed to extend the signal, just fill in holes.

I know at least one station that had one and turned it in.. it created interference issues and was a pain to maintain

You're describing an on channel booster.. big difference. and different rules.

It has to be within the 60dbu contour of the mothership, its not supposed to extend the signal, just fill in holes.

I know at least one station that had one and turned it in.. it created interference issues and was a pain to maintain
they work well when they fill in for an area that is blocked by a hill or mountain.

Cox stations tend to be that way with music. I was a huge fan of The Point on 95.7, but throughout all those years it always sounded the same. Comfort music/dependable background noise at times, and at other times you just wanted to say "geesh, change it up a little." Houston's 106.9 The Point was even worse in the same regard with the same format.
What I remember about The Point was hearing U2’s “New Year’s Day” literally all the time

Back
Top Bottom