• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where were the 911 Tributes? I'll tell you where.

sarasota native

Inactive
Inactive User
I was channel surfing today looking for 911 Tributes on the talk shows. I didn't find any heartfelt programming on WFLA and the other guerrillas in the market. It wasn't until I tuned to little WTMY and Sherman Baldwin. Syndicated Columnist Kevin McCulloch, NY Times current #1 bestselling author David Limbaugh and a retired NYPD cop who lost his brother in tower 2 on 911 all were on the show. All remembering 911 and putting those memories into today's politics and perspective. Then to top it off - one of the most touching musical, spoken word 911 tributes I have ever heard -from a child's prospective. It was unreal.

Are the other stations lazy, out of touch, too big or whatever? I don't get it. Again, I learn why I love local talk radio.

I agree with Talk Fanatic - Local Talk Radio does rule!!!!!!

Local radio does rule and it’s great to have a professional like Sherman Baldwin on local radio – even one like WTMY. It must be a sign of the times, but nonetheless Baldwin seems to have a hell of a Rolodex.

Maybe Schnitt could get a copy of it and actually have a guest or two listeners have heard of.

Baldwin has a brother that works with Kevin McCullough on the program called Baldwin/McCuollugh Radio show...so that must be where that tie in came from.

Anyway having worked with Kevin McCullough in Chicago...I'm sure he had alot to say about 9-11-2001....You guys are hooking up with some good talent!

GymHigh said:
Local radio does rule and it’s great to have a professional like Sherman Baldwin on local radio – even one like WTMY. It must be a sign of the times, but nonetheless Baldwin seems to have a hell of a Rolodex.

Maybe Schnitt could get a copy of it and actually have a guest or two listeners have heard of.
Schnitt's Gainesville Preacher bit about burning the Duran (As in Duran Duran View to a Kill) was brilliant. Agree, there should have been more remembrance. Next year is the 10th Anniversary and it'll fall on a Sunday. It's one of those days we will always remember where we were when it happened. Let's don't forget y'all! And let's start the Duran burning with Hungry Like the Wolf!

Reaching across the table and knocking over several empty beer cans, our friend Captain Parrot belched out:

[/quote] Agree, there should have been more remembrance. Next year is the 10th Anniversary and it'll fall on a Sunday. [/quote]

Yep, already got plain tickets to Toronto for September 10th next year. Plan on keeping the radio off and spending the day at a big shopping mall or something. Total media blackout for the 11th and 12th for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom