• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where is Space Ghost?

Is the great George Lowe still on the air in Hotlanta. He's got great pipes and is very funny!

Last I heard him was on 96 Rock. I haven't listened to Project so I have no idea if George is still there or on any other Atlanta station.

And yes he's really funny. He was on a VO panel at Dragon*Con and he and Billy West were making us laugh quite a lot.

no hes not.fans liked him and since clearchannel has its "no listeners" campaign going on he like the regular guys and the kimmer and crew had to go.i mean come on now yu cant give listeners what they want. thats rediculous

Look around for a 6 series BMW in the mountains - that'll be George collecting folk art. Isn't he still doing voiceover for several national accouints? And spending Space Ghost residuals? He's also got a multitrack studio in Florida.
Truly a nice guy in our midst.

George is incredible.

I think he's repped by William Morris or ICM or one of those heavies. Which means he can be the voice of your station and make up all kinds of funny stuff that will make your listeners giggle and snicker.

Glockster

Sounds like radio has dragged you through the streets face down to. Your not alone my friend many of us bare those scars. But take hart my beleaguered collogue… for the winds of change they are a blowing. The pendulum will swing back in the listeners direction… because the business climate will demand it. Then what will they do? Re-learn humanity?

It is however a universal fact that the most superficial, heartless, uncreative (expletive pre-deleted) sweater-vest wearing wienies ascend to management. I don’t get it.

Back to venerable voice artist George Lowe… I believe I saw his name in the credits of the upcoming Aqua Teen Movie. (I’ll be the 48 year-old guy with the embarrassed wife on the ticket line)

Good day citizens, set your powerbands on fun!

Louie

I am not surprised to see him on the credits of the new Aqua Teen Hunger force Movie since he did some voice work on the show a few times He's great and very funny. Can we get him to blast Zorak repeatedly with his powerband one more time for old times sake? LOL .

Saw this on Wikipedia:

"In early 2006, George Lowe joined the staff of popular Boston classic rock radio station WZLX. Lowe is the current "Voice of WZLX" and handles most of the station's voiceover duties. Lowe's predecessor, Kevin Quinn, now works as the station's production director."

trusty said:
Saw this on Wikipedia:

"In early 2006, George Lowe joined the staff of popular Boston classic rock radio station WZLX. Lowe is the current "Voice of WZLX" and handles most of the station's voiceover duties. Lowe's predecessor, Kevin Quinn, now works as the station's production director."

He's also the voice of Playboy Radio on Sirius.

And I don't believe he gets any Space Ghost residuals. All that Adult Swim work is completely non-union.

He must get a peice of the DVDs.. From what I hear they sell pretty well. Also the the word is the Space Ghost is making a comeback. anyone know the facts?

Andy Merrill is the guy hand he ha soff the char nutty talent... He is a list of some of his voice work:

2000s
1990s
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007) (voice) .... Oglethorpe
"Aqua Teen Hunger Force" .... Oglethorpe / ... (21 episodes, 2001-2006)
... aka ATHF (USA: promotional abbreviation)
- Dickesode (2006) TV Episode (voice) (as Dick Merrill)
- Deleted Scenes (2005) TV Episode (voice) .... Oglethorpe
- Carl (2004) TV Episode (voice) .... Oglethorpe
- Hypno-Germ (2004) TV Episode (voice) .... Oglethorpe/Germ
- T-Shirt of the Living Dead (2004) TV Episode (voice) .... Oglethorpe/Easter Bunny
(16 more)
"Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" (2000) TV Series .... Long Haul / ... (unknown episodes, 2004)
... aka CCF (USA: short title)
... aka Cartoon Network's Fridays (USA: complete title)
... aka Fridays (USA: new title)
Spacecataz (2004) (TV) (voice) .... Oglethorpe
"The Brak Show" .... Brak, Clarence / ... (11 episodes, 2000-2003)
- Shadows of Heat (2003) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak, Clarence
- Braklet, Prince of Spaceland (2003) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak, Clarence
- We Ski in Peace (2002) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak, Clarence
- Dinner Party (2002) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak, Clarence
- Hippo (2001) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak
(6 more)
"Brak Presents the Brak Show Starring Brak" (2000) TV Series .... Brak (unknown episodes)

"Space Ghost Coast to Coast" .... Lokar / ... (8 episodes, 1994-1996)
... aka SGC2C (USA: short title)
- Cookout (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak/Lokar
- Surprise (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak/Lokar
- Switcheroo (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Lokar
- Jerk (1995) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak/Lokar/Sorceror
- Le Livre d'Histoire (1995) TV Episode (voice) .... Brak/Lokar/Sorceror
(3 more)
"Cartoon Planet" (1995) TV Series (voice) .... Brak/Dancin' Space Ghost

Writer:
2000s
1990s
"Sunday Pants" (2005) TV Series (writer)
"Tickle U" (2005) TV Series (writer)
"Krypto the Superdog" (2005) TV Series (unknown episodes)
"The Brak Show" (2000) TV Series (unknown episodes)
"Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" (2000) TV Series (unknown episodes)

"Cartoon Planet" (1995) TV Series (writer)

Producer:
2000s
1990s
"The Brak Show" (2000) TV Series (producer) (unknown episodes)
"Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" (2000) TV Series (producer) (unknown episodes)

"Cartoon Planet" (1995) TV Series (producer)
"Space Ghost Coast to Coast" (1994) TV Series (producer) (unknown episodes)

Miscellaneous Crew:
2000s
1990s
"Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" (2000) TV Series (puppeteer) (unknown episodes)

"Space Ghost Coast to Coast" (1994) TV Series (technical supporter) (unknown episodes)

Andy Merrill hasn't been heard from much lately.

Now here's a question. Where is the voice of Tanzut: local radio legend Don Kennedy? I thought he would say something after Clear Channel demolished the 30+ year legacy he helped build. I mean Kennedy is what the K means in WKLS.

livingfruitvirus said:
And I don't believe he gets any Space Ghost residuals. All that Adult Swim work is completely non-union.

But Space Ghost predates Adult Swim by about 7 years.

Didn't Andy Merrill get some raw deal and so he cut ties with Cartoon Network? I might be thinking of someone else or making this up in my head. ???

He was very cool and kind to come by and play with the station on Kimberdoo's Music for the Prepubescent a while back. A real class act and all-around nice guy.

To bad Andy Merrill is not with Cartoon Network anymore. He is clearly one of the backbones of the whole Adult Swim phenom. He has a twisted sense of humor and is a great lyricist.

As for Don Kenny he knocked the voice Transit out of the park. As an old, paranoid supervillain , who just wanted some air time. You can see Don Kenny on camera as Assisted Living Dracula and some kind of produce monster on Aqua Teen . But I think his greatest performance was as the rapping wizard on The Brak Show.

Wasn’t aware he had a radio show… Any airchecks of him out there?

Since we are talking about voiceover artists I think some of you folks would enjoy this website:

http://www.voicechasers.com

Testing 123... Is this thing on?

"Officer Don" is still around.....he now does "Big Band Jump" which can be heard locally on WRAS 88.5 on Sunday mornings at 11AM.
Please excuse my profound ignorance.....who are we talking about? I've heard of "Brak"....is that the character voice, on Space Ghost, everyone is talking about? (Post above seems to indicate that)

Brak is a mildly retarded supervillain who was a supporting character on Space Ghost and then had his own spin-off show on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. It is an acquired taste… but if you got to: http://www.adultswim.com/adultswimfix/index.html you can see some full episodes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom