• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where is Kemosabe?

S

sharper

All this talk about Sunny 106.5 (now 103.1) got me to wondering whatever happen to the crew that was there in the station's heyday. Whatever happened to Kemosabe Joe? I think Doug Kelly is still around. There was a guy named Al who did the overnights. What happened to him?

Kemosabe Joe....there's a name I hadn't heard in a while! I remember when I worked for WKOA (The Campground Station, to Kahuna) I loved his voice so much, I had him cut a liner for me, which I kept on a cart, close to my heart! Too bad it was bulk-erased years ago!

Speaking of oldies but goodies in MB....does anyone remember JD Cox? He was on WKOA with me for a while, then did mornings on WJYR for a long time...he seems to have vanished off the radar too.

Looking at his picture on the website, I am not 100% sure that that's the same person. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

The pic of him on their "Air Staff" page looks a bit like the real Kemo, although the last time I saw him in person was over 13 years ago and he used to wear that darned hat all the time back then...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom