• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where is Bud Buschardt??

F

Famous56guy

I have not heard Bud on "Timeless Favorites" going on two weeks now. Laurie bandemir is in his time slot, and no mention of filling in for him. I have a feeling she is taking his time slot, especially with all the changes going on over there. Another legend replaced by milk toast...............she's lame at best!

Bud Buschardt is doing evenings on Timeless. He is also doing special programs on Saturday and Sunday evenings, in the time slots previously hosted by Eddie Hubbard and Joe Lacina.

Famous56guy said:
I have not heard Bud on "Timeless Favorites" going on two weeks now. Laurie bandemir is in his time slot, and no mention of filling in for him. I have a feeling she is taking his time slot, especially with all the changes going on over there. Another legend replaced by milk toast...............she's lame at best!

Evenings? Then where is Mike Matthews?

He doesn't have the right voice for this format, though.

Obviously I have been doing other stuff in the late evenings.

Mike Mattews is doing overnights (12-5 Central).

vchimpanzee said:
Evenings? Then where is Mike Matthews?

He doesn't have the right voice for this format, though.

Obviously I have been doing other stuff in the late evenings.

Laurie Bandemir only did overnights for a short time, though. Jack Grady had been doing overnights before Laurie Bandemir joined the format. Jack Grady had been the overnight DJ.

I worked at a station that had the Stardust format in the early 90s. I remember Joe Lacina, Eddie Hubbard, VLJ, and someone by the name of Mitchell. Was it Dave Mitchell? In fact, VLJ stopped by our station one day when he was passing through the area. Who were the other announcers during that time period? Who were the original DJs on Stardust? I think Joe Lacina and Eddie Hubbard go back to the beginning of Stardust. Am I right about that?

publisher said:

radiopronouncer said:
Laurie Bandemir only did overnights for a short time, though. Jack Grady had been doing overnights before Laurie Bandemir joined the format. Jack Grady had been the overnight DJ.

I worked at a station that had the Stardust format in the early 90s. I remember Joe Lacina, Eddie Hubbard, VLJ, and someone by the name of Mitchell. Was it Dave Mitchell? In fact, VLJ stopped by our station one day when he was passing through the area. Who were the other announcers during that time period? Who were the original DJs on Stardust? I think Joe Lacina and Eddie Hubbard go back to the beginning of Stardust. Am I right about that?

I remember Bud and Joe Lacina together on the mid day show, until Joe went into semi retirement in the late 90's and Just did his special program on saturday nights. I also remember Jack Davis in the 90's, who did the morning show that Tim Kase now does. I miss the old stardust, they were able to provide a great nostaglia format that sounded so unique, especially for a satilite format. Their new tweeked format and mid day Jock Lori B, bores me.

publisher said:
radiopronouncer said:

publisher said:

In the early and mid 1990s, Patty Pratt did overnights on the ABC Stardust (now Timeless) format. Dave Rafferty did evenings.

Yes, I remember their names. Stardust was the first satellite delivered format that I knew anything about. It would still be several years before I heard a station with a country, A/C, rock or oldies satellite-delivered format, unless I briefly heard one and didn't know that it was satellite. Before hearing Stardust, I had heard automated stations that used tapes, with or without voiced announcements of song titles. I remember some Beautiful Music stations that were automated, but never gave the song titles. I also remember listening to an automated A/C station, with what I think was a Drake-Chenault format, that gave the song titles, and was a very good sounding station. But, Stardust was my first exposure to a station that was on a satellite format.

Ivan Badget said:
In the early and mid 1990s, Patty Pratt did overnights on the ABC Stardust (now Timeless) format. Dave Rafferty did evenings.

radiopronouncer said:
Laurie Bandemir only did overnights for a short time, though.
She was on Unforgettable Favorites, but I don't remember when she left. For four years, that was the format of what is now a Dial Global station where I live. I may have thought she was replaced when I was actually hearing Chick Watkins, because I didn't know Unforgettable Favorites was gone. After all, that's what the station still calls itself.
radiopronouncer said:
I remember Joe Lacina in 1988. I don't remember when I heard Eddie Hubbard for the first time. But Ron Baxley was on in the late mornings in the mid-90s when my affiliate switched to the format.

Ivan Badget said:
I remember him substituting during the day too. He once told about a high school talent show where he pretended to be Liberace (yet again, a reminder of some of the good music we're missing). His friends started calling him Rafferace.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom