• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where Are The WMEX 1510 AM Studios?

T

Tilden

Where are the 1510 WMEX studios located?
They are now " owned" or leased to Blackstrap Broadcasting.
Thought 1510 WMEX was part of the Salem Broadcasting family.

I don't think Salem has ever owned 1510 though 1510 did do brokered religion as WNRB for a time.Pretty sure Salem has 590, 950, 1150 and 1260 here.

Thought 1510 WMEX was part of the Salem Broadcasting family.

1987 Noble sold to Merv Griffin group but did not close.
1989 Noble to Cummunicom
1994 Communicom to One On One Sports
2000 One on One to Rose City Radio
2007 Rose City to Backstrap Broadcasting (Davidson & McGhee)
2011 Davidson to Media Americas (did not close)
2015 Sold by Blackstrap to Daly XXL Communications for $175 k.

Who is Blackstrap? They are having a talent hunt for talk hosts but want a headshot with the resume the Globe reported. This RADIO not TV.

Who is Blackstrap? They are having a talent hunt for talk hosts but want a headshot with the resume the Globe reported. This RADIO not TV.

Blackstrap is out of the picture for over a year, they are the ones that took an 8 MILLION dollar loss on the sale to DalyXXL

And as to the Globe, they got it wrong, again.

They are looking for a host for a "segment" to be used inside of other shows.

This is from a station that was able to keep Joe " The Guy From Boston" Lagotti in AM drive for a matter of days.....

they could not close a deal for a mid day host after they announced his joining the station.

I understand the head shot thing for the website, and if they were buying print, outdoor or TV to promote the station,does anyone know if they still are?

When they were running Herald Radio for a while they were getting some print exposure in that paper, but that didn't last long either... about as long as Howie Carr did in PM drive.

Here is food for thought.... DalyXXL paid less for that license (there was no real estate involved) than what you would pay for a parking space in the Back Bay.

Last yr's new lineup with Ligotti and McPhee shows started June 2. Not long after that was her incident on the road,
with Joe doing a hurried fill in. Joe was off by Friday, July 10 if I remember right. No explanation was given by anyone as far as I know.

The midday host was to do the show from Utica I believe and they announced it before it was finalized I guess. They said they wouldn't pay for Rush. Renegade Radio wound up at noon and later moved to morning drive; featuring Bryan Berner who is one of the owners or a relative. Howie's show was launched in Nov. of 2014 and by March of '15 he was back at RKO. Mike Siegel's ratings(RKO) tanked.

>>1987 Noble sold to Merv Griffin group but did not close.

Somehow the station went off the air around Jan of '87 for a time. It had been WMRE with talk, "Stay on top"--Morgan White Jr, Bob Katzen, etc. I have a recording of the last Talking Trivia he did. The "High Five" was about goodbyes.
"What's going on here? Why are you leaving?," a listener asked. "It's not just me, the whole station's gone. I'm just along for the ride," Morgan replied. He also urged anyone who had won a prize in recent weeks: "If you have to come to the station to pick it up, I wouldn't wait too long if I were you."

I attended a farewell party for the station at The Breakfast Club, which was at the corner of Brookline and Boylston I believe,

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom