• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

When will 107.9 W300EI ever go on the air?

Yep, they're testing. On and off with WPLJ's feed. With WEBE being a tropo beacon, it will be interesting to see how W300EI impacts WEBE's strength. For example, 104.7 W284BW wiped out WSPK in NYC. But W231CH 95.1 still has trouble with WAYV.

EDIT: off again at 9:30. They're clearly tweaking/changing things around.

Yep, they're testing. On and off with WPLJ's feed. With WEBE being a tropo beacon, it will be interesting to see how W300EI impacts WEBE's strength. For example, 104.7 W284BW wiped out WSPK in NYC. But W231CH 95.1 still has trouble with WAYV.

I hope they leave 100.7 alone and never ruin WHUD. I don't understand The Bridge on 94.3 when 103.1 already serves that area?

I hope they leave 100.7 alone and never ruin WHUD. I don't understand The Bridge on 94.3 when 103.1 already serves that area?
94.3 is farther east than 103.1. 100.7 WHUD has been ruined by Irie Storm across the city, anyways. 107.9 won't be The Bridge though, with overlap from the 95.1 translator.

Wow that’s wonderful! W300EI is finally on the air!
Might be a good translator for Air1 because 96.7’s signal is weak to the south.

95.1 is actually W236CH

Wow that’s wonderful! W300EI is finally on the air!
Might be a good translator for Air1 because 96.7’s signal is weak to the south.
the 60dB contour for W300EI barely adds to WARW's. I'd bet "Apple 107.1" is looking for leasers like Freedom FM on 104.7, with a subchannel on WPLJ (HD4).

I am now able to receive W300EI; however, its signal is weak compared to the main signal on WPLJ. I would need to extend my radio's antenna and put the radio in a certain angle to get the best reception of 107.9.

I am now able to receive W300EI; however, its signal is weak compared to the main signal on WPLJ. I would need to extend my radio's antenna and put the radio in a certain angle to get the best reception of 107.9.

107.9's signal and 95.5's signal, in correlation to strength.. haver nothing to do with each other

the 60dB contour for W300EI barely adds to WARW's. I'd bet "Apple 107.1" is looking for leasers like Freedom FM on 104.7, with a subchannel on WPLJ (HD4).
WPLJ is just a placeholder. Whomever leases the translator will have to find their own programming source whether it be another AM, FM or HD subchannel.

The point is, why bother using the translator?
WPLJ is not using the translator. The translator is using WPLJ's programming as a placeholder until it makes a deal to lease it out to someone else. It needed to build out its CP and this way potential operators can hear how the signal performs.

Back
Top Bottom