• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

When listening to a new show....

D

DILLIGAS

When you listen to any new show, (music or talk), do you:

A: Listen once, then make a snap judgment for or against it?

B: Listen a set number of times (2, 3, 10, etc.) to give the show a given number of chances to "WOW" you?

C: Even if you find you don't really like the new show, you keep revisiting it here and there hoping it will get better with time.

D: Or do you ????

C.

I keep coming back to see if there's anything that grabs my attention. If I can ever hang on long enough, then I can get a grasp of who the person is or people are, and I will probably become a listener.<P ID="signature">______________
"The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated."
---Oscar Wilde</P>

> C.
>
> I keep coming back to see if there's anything that grabs my
> attention. If I can ever hang on long enough, then I can
> get a grasp of who the person is or people are, and I will
> probably become a listener.
>
I give it 7 tries spread out over a two week period.

C: Even if you find you don't really like the new show, you keep revisiting it here and there hoping it will get better with time.

> C: Even if you find you don't really like the new show, you
> keep revisiting it here and there hoping it will get better
> with time.
>
I ask because I used to only give a show 3-5 chances over 2 weeks, and that's all I really needed the first few times I heard a show I liked (RMS, Opie & Anthony, Leykis, Dan & Tasos etc.) or hated (Don & Mike, Liz Wild, etc.).

But for some reason I keep checking Roth's show (many, many times) hoping it will get better. So far, I don't hate DLR, but I don't like the show either, it's damn frustrating (LOL).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom