• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHEB's Matt Leonard is Out

News from fybush.com. WHEB's Production Director/afternoon drive jock Matt Leonard is one of the casualties during the iHeart Media massacre today. He is one of many, many radio people (perhaps a thousand across the country in all areas of the business) losing their jobs because of cutbacks. I call it greed! Matt has been doing his thing on the seacoast for five years. I know that it's not any comfort, but you are not alone.

I bet you will be making some visits over at the Saga clusters in Manchester, Keene, and Portland tomorrow or in the days ahead. They are a much better company. Go get 'em!!

When I worked at WHEB back in 1971......there was a major "curb-kick" just 3 months after I started....Veterans of 20+ years were out the door!!
Of course, this was LONG before the iHeart days......it's, unfortunately, the way of the radio biz.......i was able to literally walk into the next station I applied at -- and land a job on the spot!!
Chin up, Matt.....I agree with Don.....Saga is a SUPER group of folks....I worked with them, too, in the late '80s (WZID/WFEA)......

When I worked at WHEB back in 1971......there was a major "curb-kick" just 3 months after I started....Veterans of 20+ years were out the door!!
Of course, this was LONG before the iHeart days......it's, unfortunately, the way of the radio biz.......i was able to literally walk into the next station I applied at -- and land a job on the spot!!
Chin up, Matt.....I agree with Don.....Saga is a SUPER group of folks....I worked with them, too, in the late '80s (WZID/WFEA)......

Plus, at 500 Commercial Street, there is ICONIC ROCK 96.5 THE MILL. Also in NH, Saga's Keene cluster is also a really nice setup!

Plus, at 500 Commercial Street, there is ICONIC ROCK 96.5 THE MILL. Also in NH, Saga's Keene cluster is also a really nice setup!

is Dirk Nadon still with them?? I worked with Dirk way back in the "Oldies 99" daze!!!!! Helped him with setting up the new main transmitter on Watchtower Hill in Contoocook.....

is Dirk Nadon still with them?? I worked with Dirk way back in the "Oldies 99" daze!!!!! Helped him with setting up the new main transmitter on Watchtower Hill in Contoocook.....

He's in Laconia. Dirk owns Lakes Media LLC ... 104.9 THE HAWK (WLKZ) and sports WZEI 101.5. When he bought the stations three years ago, originally a three station deal, it also included 101.7 The Pulse (WTPL). Dirk flipped that one to Binnie right away and he still has the other two.

Matt Leonard should stop up there during his travels. You never know, right?

He's in Laconia. Dirk owns Lakes Media LLC ... 104.9 THE HAWK (WLKZ) and sports WZEI 101.5. When he bought the stations three years ago, originally a three station deal, it also included 101.7 The Pulse (WTPL). Dirk flipped that one to Binnie right away and he still has the other two.

Matt Leonard should stop up there during his travels. You never know, right?

Thanks for the brain jog!!! I know Dirk and his Dad worked together for a time.....
Hard to believe that WLKZ was actually started by Al and Sharon Severy (WASR) back in the early 80s...I had to do some emergency work on their transmitter, which was then in Tuftonboro --about 1/4 mile from where I used to live!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom