• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Whats up with (BEAT 106) in Scotland

M

midwestclubber

Has this station merged away from the Dance Friendly Top 40 format. Everytime I have clicked on the stream hear Lately they have been playing Rock, and a couple times it was Hip Hop. I actually heard them play OASIS-CHAMPAIGN SUPERNOVA last night, Followed by the FOO FIGHTERS. They always were ROCK FRIENDLY, but they seem to have Scaled back on the Dance.

> Has this station merged away from the Dance Friendly Top 40
> format. Everytime I have clicked on the stream hear Lately
> they have been playing Rock, and a couple times it was Hip
> Hop. I actually heard them play OASIS-CHAMPAIGN SUPERNOVA
> last night, Followed by the FOO FIGHTERS. They always were
> ROCK FRIENDLY, but they seem to have Scaled back on the
> Dance.
>
Yup, Beat has indeeed changed, or rather is musically evolving in a bit of a different direction.
They used to have a nightly Dance and Trance show, but now there's only a nightly Modern and Indie Rock show. The Dance shows are still on during the weekends.
Beat's playlist also nowadays leans on less Dance, but the station still plays a fair amount of it in rotation.

Scotland doesn't have any Rock stations, and since Beat 106 has the best signal up there it might make sense for them to lean a bit more in that direction. After all, Scotland has a great live music scene. The Top 40 stations like Forth 1, and Clyde 1, tend to play more Dance in regular rotation anyways when compared to the typical CHR in England.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom