• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's the best Nashville stunt ever?

I've only had about two decades worth to enjoy Nashville's radio scene, and in light of recent events, I'd like to know what your favorite format transition was.

For me, it would have to be The Party to The Game: From the way they "ended The Party" to the memorable sports calls and then that Monday morning when it was "TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!", that was some great radio.

So what do you think?

I don't know about the BEST stunting, but the quickest format change may have been Oldies 96.3 to Jack on 5/12/05. The second quickest I know of was when Cumulus ("Dickey"?) changed Star 97 to Oldies 97.1 27 1/2 HOURS later.

The first one I ever heard was again on The Party in 1996. They played the Macarena on repeat, can't remember how long it lasted. I was a kid and had never heard anything like that before. I had spent years trying to rigure out why a radio station would play a song on repeat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom