• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What is your oldest gold title?

I'm thinking the oldest song in regular rotation on my local alternative station, HFS in Baltimore, is probably Bob Marley's "Get Up, Stand Up" (1973).

sdh483 said:
dtuba said:
I seem to recall KROQ & 91X (wayyyyy back in the day) putting the Beatles & the Stones in their regular rotation. Wish that alt rock stations today would still do this.

The Beatles and Rolling Stones are considered classic rock.
So what? So are Bob Marley, the Clash & David Bowie. I would consider the first Pearl Jam record to be classic rock by now, but that doesn't stop 107.7 The End from playing it 10X a day still.

So are Bob Marley, the Clash & David Bowie. I would consider the first Pearl Jam record to be classic rock by now, but that doesn't stop 107.7 The End from playing it 10X a day still.

It's interesting how these acts (Bob Marley, Talking Heads etc.) fit in so well stylistically with whatever the current alternative rock is at any given moment. For instance, The Clash's "London Calling" was released 4 decades ago in the 1970s. A Velvet Underground track played on KRBZ a couple weeks back was released in 1968. Amazing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom