• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What happened?

Many of the RD boards. particularly the state boards, are no longer active. Any idea what is going on?

So far the only boards combined were the separate market boards in Alabama. All of the posts were merged into the state forum.
A redirect from each individual AL city board to the Alabama board would have been helpful..

Last edited:
Also gone, is that member ranking system. Walk of fame, Star, Leading participant, etc.
I had wanted that gone for a long time... and we all agree now.

There ought to be some post count/reaction score formula that can be used to rank posters. Looking over the list linked by Lance a few posts ago, I noticed one poster with more than 20,000 total posts but a reaction score of only 10, whereas others with similar post totals have reaction scores well into four digits. So why not use the total posts and positive ("love" or "like" emojis) reaction totals and work out a formula? (I'd count the "LOL" emoji as positive if it weren't for the fact that some of them are posted as a sarcastic reaction to a ridiculous statement rather than one of appreciation of a humorous remark.)

There ought to be some post count/reaction score formula that can be used to rank posters. Looking over the list linked by Lance a few posts ago, I noticed one poster with more than 20,000 total posts but a reaction score of only 10, whereas others with similar post totals have reaction scores well into four digits. So why not use the total posts and positive ("love" or "like" emojis) reaction totals and work out a formula? (I'd count the "LOL" emoji as positive if it weren't for the fact that some of them are posted as a sarcastic reaction to a ridiculous statement rather than one of appreciation of a humorous remark.)
Every poster here should be considered equal. Post counts and reaction counts don't mean anything other than measuring how long you've been posting here. We want to welcome more new posters and having these rankings defining posters is a barrier to entry.

Plus the board system doesn't work like that. We can either show ranks based on number of posts or reactions and both of them rank people on seniority.
It looks too bare now.

We have things in mind once we get other things in place.

Every poster here should be considered equal. Post counts and reaction counts don't mean anything other than measuring how long you've been posting here. We want to welcome more new posters and having these rankings defining posters is a barrier to entry.

Plus the board system doesn't work like that. We can either show ranks based on number of posts or reactions and both of them rank people on seniority.

We have things in mind once we get other things in place.
Reaction scores and knowing who is a new member vs someone here for 10 years is helpful. Someone who just spams the forum all the time will have a bad score. Someone helpful will have a good score.

Reaction scores and knowing who is a new member vs someone here for 10 years is helpful. Someone who just spams the forum all the time will have a bad score. Someone helpful will have a good score.
We already have a plan in place to better define users. There's a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done. Frank just left a lot of things in place from all the other admins dating back to when I first setup the board structure in the late 90s and that got bloated or were defaults in all the systems this site has gone through over the years. We're going to be modernizing the site while staying true to what Radio-Info/RadioDiscussions has always been.

Also gone, is that member ranking system. Walk of fame, Star, Leading participant, etc.
As a relative newcomer, I think that change was a good idea. It occurred to me as I wandered about, that several of the very-high-ranking members were active in sub-boards where short response messages were sent back and forth thousands of times.

There is a difference between ringing up big post counts that way, or posting a few hundred well-thought out messages in response to (or even starting) topics.

Back
Top Bottom