• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHAT happened?

They were sold at the end of August, went dark on September 1st, and came back with a Spanish format about a week later. It came quick. They blew out their jocks two weeks before the sale, and was automated at the end....

As I recall WPHT had a standards show that was so popular they bumped the Phillies to another station if they played on Friday evenings. Does Philly at least still have that?

And I guess it's too much to ask that WPHT do that full-time.

With WHAT now doing Spanish, maybe it might be time to find a station with nothing to lose to pick up such a format. I was thinking 1540 might be a good candidate. In doing so, may I strongly suggest that a hybrid revenue model be considered for income where the station survives on both donations, advertising and other forms of revenue. My question to people who like this music is would you be willing to support such a station by donating money and/or attending its functions (concerts, dances, etc.)?

Considering what WHAT lost along the way, there's more than"nothing" at stake to lose. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom