• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What did Czaban say about XM today?

Johnredskins1

Inactive
Inactive User
On the First Team Reloaded on XM they totally edited out was Czaban was about to say he had a problem with XM. Did anyone hear what he said?

> On the First Team Reloaded on XM they totally edited out was
> Czaban was about to say he had a problem with XM. Did
> anyone hear what he said?
>

I was going to post this same topic. I listen to Czabe daily and I record the replay off of the XM, but they put the Daily Czabe from Friday on there in the spot that he must have been talking about XM. I was also curious as to what he said. Sorry, that I don't have any info but you weren't the only one who noticed it missing from the broadcast.

I e-mailed Czaban and he said he was complaining about one of the bands on the 80s channel saying it was a One Hit wonder. Apparently Andrew A. e-mailed Steve about no longer referring to XM.

> I e-mailed Czaban and he said he was complaining about one
> of the bands on the 80s channel saying it was a One Hit
> wonder. Apparently Andrew A. e-mailed Steve about no longer
> referring to XM.
>

Kaiser Asswood strikes again. Czaban must hate working underneath that pompous fat ass.

> > I e-mailed Czaban and he said he was complaining about one
>
> > of the bands on the 80s channel saying it was a One Hit
> > wonder. Apparently Andrew A. e-mailed Steve about no
> longer
> > referring to XM.
> >
>
> Kaiser Asswood strikes again. Czaban must hate working
> underneath that pompous fat ass.
>
I'd appreciate some clarification here.

Czaban, on his FSN early-morning drive show, complained about XM music programming. His statements went out over the air...'live'...on FSR and, I guess on XM.

Now for my questions. XM gives its subscribers the opportunity to listen to XM programming at a later date? How does this work? Does XM do the 'recording'? Did XM themselves delete Czaban's negative references toward XM (for the recorded version of his show)?

Or does FSR/Ashwood do the cutting?

Did someone at XM bitch to Ashwood?

With answers to these questions we can comment more on this one...

> > > I e-mailed Czaban and he said he was complaining about
> one
> >
> > > of the bands on the 80s channel saying it was a One Hit
> > > wonder. Apparently Andrew A. e-mailed Steve about no
> > longer
> > > referring to XM.
> > >
> >
> > Kaiser Asswood strikes again. Czaban must hate working
> > underneath that pompous fat ass.
> >
> I'd appreciate some clarification here.
>
> Czaban, on his FSN early-morning drive show, complained
> about XM music programming. His statements went out over the
> air...'live'...on FSR and, I guess on XM.
>
> Now for my questions. XM gives its subscribers the
> opportunity to listen to XM programming at a later date? How
> does this work? Does XM do the 'recording'? Did XM
> themselves delete Czaban's negative references toward XM
> (for the recorded version of his show)?
>
> Or does FSR/Ashwood do the cutting?
>
> Did someone at XM bitch to Ashwood?
>
> With answers to these questions we can comment more on this
> one...
>

He really didn't say anything bad about XM. He just complained about a song on the 80's channel, but then it basically turned into 10 minutes about how great XM is. I'm guessing since they get the feed directly from FSR that they edited that part out when FSR replays his show in the afternoon.

I listen to Czabe's show everyday and this is my understanding of what happens: Czabe's show airs live from 6-9AM ET, which it is then taped by the folks at Premiere (FSR). The tape is edited (Czabe always complains about this) by FSR and then used from 12-3 PM ET along their FSR networks. Many Premiere networks (virtually all of them actually) have Rome as programming during this time, so basically the only people that hear the re-air of the show are folks that listen on XM. The re-air of the show features bumper music and the ends of segments and instead of the last segment during which Czabe usually leads into Van Earl Wrong and the gang in LA for the Morning Extravaganza, they re-air a segment from the show (usually the Daily Czabe). I wish they would just leave the show the way it is and not edit anything out but sometimes stuff gets edited out by the folks at FSR that they view as "stepping over the line," which is unfortunate.

As for me recording the show, I use the XM 2Go Delphi which can record five hours of programming. Me living on the west coast, I don't wake up I listen to Rome live from 12-3PM ET and then I listen to my recording of Czabe after that, which is pretty cool and definately makes my day go by quicker. Hope that helps clear things up ....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom