• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGUL AM now heard 93.7 translator

I was tuning around the dial yesterday when I heard Bill Carl announcement saying that WGUL listeners in the Clearwater and upper Pinellas County area can now hear WGUL on FM 93.7. I am surprised since I didn't think WGUL was that popular. It also leaves WHBO 1040, WHNZ 1250 and WWMI 1380, as the only English language stations in this area that do not offer any FM signal or on anyone FM HD channel. Will there be a day when all the AM stations in Tampa Bay will be heard on FM?

I have no way to verify this from where I'm at, but I thought 1250 WHNZ was on a 92.9 translator somewhere.

Byron

I was tuning around the dial yesterday when I heard Bill Carl announcement saying that WGUL listeners in the Clearwater and upper Pinellas County area can now hear WGUL on FM 93.7. I am surprised since I didn't think WGUL was that popular. It also leaves WHBO 1040, WHNZ 1250 and WWMI 1380, as the only English language stations in this area that do not offer any FM signal or on anyone FM HD channel. Will there be a day when all the AM stations in Tampa Bay will be heard on FM?

Popularity has nothing to do with it. Those applying for the application or leasing the airtime, are hoping that an FM signal will give them an audience where the AMs fall short in obtaining.

That being said, 93.7 was a great idea, especially, since they have the 93.7 in Sa-ra-so-ta!, a person can go from NOB to us S.O.B.s and not have to change the station.

The AM-ization of the FM band continues...

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

WHNZ translator is licensed for Clermont with a tower in Winter Gardens. It says it also has one in Tampa Bay area but I have never been able to pick up anywhere.

Ahh I see now. They've (WHNZ) had a CP (since 2016) to move it down to a Gandy Blvd tower. Expires October this year. If they haven't yet, perhaps they're still getting towards moving it.

Byron

I bet those people in Clermont and Winter Garden will miss all those informercials once the move actually happens!! :)

...a person can go from NOB to us S.O.B.s and not have to change the station.
Both are pretty weak but 103.1 is a STRONG filler.
I just happened to be there and heard them today.
Dennis Prager is absolutely charming and has a bulldog just like mine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom