• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGST call letters

Very quiet board lately. The WGST calls are now parked on AM 720 in LaGrange. Is I-♥️ holding the calls for a reason? Maybe a relaunch in Atlanta? If not, put them back on Salem's 920.

Very quiet board lately. The WGST calls are now parked on AM 720 in LaGrange. Is I-♥️ holding the calls for a reason? Maybe a relaunch in Atlanta? If not, put them back on Salem's 920.
Atlanta is a PPM market. Unless the call letters are part of a "brand" they are only used to keep the FCC happy. The old Clear Channel might have had a mid to upper level manager that felt saving failed call letters might have some value in the future. There might be a "need" for a particular set of call letters in a non PPM market where I have been told the call letters of the particular station is seen by the person filling out the log. I personally have never seen an Arbitron "log" but when I filled out the station info sheets in both Louisville and Cincinnati in the 1990's we had to list call letters and slogan "branding". That was before PPM.

IMHO it will be a very long time, if ever, someone tries News, News Talk, or Talk in Atlanta with a valuable market covering signal thanks to the poor execution of 106.7. It is sad to be a news junkie (like me) in Atlanta.

IMHO it will be a very long time, if ever, someone tries News, News Talk, or Talk in Atlanta with a valuable market covering signal thanks to the poor execution of 106.7. It is sad to be a news junkie (like me) in Atlanta.
The fact that WFOM isn't doing that great as of late (building a station around Zombie Rush only worked for a while) and the Salem talkers are getting a little wobbly doesn't help.

The fact that WFOM isn't doing that great as of late (building a station around Zombie Rush only worked for a while) and the Salem talkers are getting a little wobbly doesn't help.
The other thing is Talk attracts an older audience, and agencies target people younger than 50. WSB's numbers have been so strong that while they skew old, they still get big numbers below age 50.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom