• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGN To Air Dusty Rhodes Christmas Specials

They'll be heard on the station for the first time, airing from Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 11 PM CT thru Sunday, December 25, 2023 at 10 PM CT.

The show originates from Cincinnati's WDTZ-LP "Dehli's Z98 FM":

Detailed schedule:

Who else read this thread title and thought the "American Dream" had recorded some holiday specials? ;)
Not me because I'm very familiar with the Cincinnati Dusty Rhodes. The show has been on various stations throughout the years, and on the iHeart Real Oldies Channel.

How many Dusty Rhodes in radio are there? Not nearly as many as there are dusty roads I suspect. That may explain the confusion some have with the name though.

The Dusty Rhodes I'm most familiar with was at the one in Michigan, Clarence "Dusty" Rhodes. Early in his career he was with the Mid States FM Broadcasting Network, and later became an MSU venue announcer and promoter, and a restaurateur who owned several restaurants and wine cellars in the Lansing area. The last I knew, Dusty's Cellar, was still operating, managed by Dusty's children and grandchildren in Okemos, literally just down the road from the original studios and tower of WSWM 99.1, now WFMK, an early stop in his broadcasting career. He passed away in 2010.

Last edited:
And Frazier Thomas and a certain goose.
Although I had heard of Garfield Goose, I don't know if I ever saw it when I visited the area, long before Satellite and the WGN-TV 9 Superstation.

One of my late mother's claims to fame is that she worked at WMRP in Michigan with Bob Bell, where he had his first radio job, circa 1946-1947. Wally Phillips also began his radio career in Michigan, at WJEF. Originally, Bob Bell was from Flint, MI, and Wally Phillips was from Portsmouth, OH.

Back
Top Bottom