• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFLC Temporarily Becomes 97.3 Quarantine Radio

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/185596/wflc-temporarily-becomes-97-3-quarantine-radio/

Cox Media Group CHR “Hits 97.3” WFLC Miami rebranded as “97.3 Quarantine Radio” as of this morning.

With the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area now under stay at home mandates, all on-air staffers are working from home playing into the temporary branding. WFLC is adding additional commercial free mixshows with night host/mixer Al P in the 9am and 5pm hours billed as workout “Fit Mixes”.

This is stunting as some cities and counties in the Miami area has declared shelter in place orders.

I give them points for being topical but I wonder if people want to be reminded of this hot mess we're in right now. After watching TV news or radio news I just want plain old business as usual.

I give them points for being topical but I wonder if people want to be reminded of this hot mess we're in right now. After watching TV news or radio news I just want plain old business as usual.

I agree. I check out the local paper online when I want virus information that applies to my city. They always carry pertinent information from the state government as well. I don't need some radio station in another city telling me who just died or what store just closed in a town 30 miles away.

Listening patterns have got to be a mess right now but I think radio has an opportunity to be a good escape from TV. People need friendly, positive voices who aren't trying to frighten the audience into staying tuned. Talk radio is definitely failing in that regard but the music stations with local talent are doing a good job in my estimation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom