• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFEA Manchester

chrish

Inactive
Inactive User
Anyone know what the hell is going on at WFEA? I know that MOYL seems to be gone and whatever they have switched to will end up pleasing no one.

I was came across Chevy Chase in the Wally World movie,
last night when they were in Kansas and the cousin served them Hamburger Helper without the hamburg
Much like the movie WFEA is now all trite filler without any real meat that belongs in the format

When will they ever learn that they will not bring in much in the way of younger demos and only alienate their base which maybe on the older side but in the latest Manchester book remains quite substantial.

Kind of reminds me of George Bush and John McCain, kick the base of the Republican party right in the mouth and then wonder what happened when their
poll numbers evaporate.

I

chrish said:
Anyone know what the hell is going on at WFEA? I know that MOYL seems to be gone and whatever they have switched to will end up pleasing no one.
To the best of my knowledge, WFEA is airing Westwood One Adult Standards but I could be wrong. I was able to pick up a whisper of them in my car radio a few Sundays ago in - of all places - Seymour, Connecticut. I must have one helluva car radio...at one point, I was picking up WSM in Nashville at night.

WFEA: My old boss used to be news director there in the '60's. And the father of a high school classmate used to work there in the 50's. Believe it or not, there's a tribute website to them at manfrommars.com.

http://www.manfrommars.com/mfmpage.htm

Cursor down to bowtie logo at right of the page. After clicking on it, a new page will appear.

bub said:
I must have one helluva car radio...at one point, I was picking up WSM in Nashville at night.

Yes, on a good night I can get WSM in southern NJ, but it's hard with 660 WFAN in NY. When Sirius dropped WSM, I dropped Sirius.

BlueHen said:
Yes, on a good night I can get WSM in southern NJ, but it's hard with 660 WFAN in NY. When Sirius dropped WSM, I dropped Sirius.
Have to say it was pretty cool being able to listen to the Opry show in the car on the East Coast. At night, the seek button on my car radio would stop at AM 740 in Toronto, which is not such a bad thing.
Now, back to WFEA over most of this station. ;D

Was passing thru Manchester last week, and also noticed the change from MOYL. They also have French programming Sunday morning from 9-12Noon!!! BTW WMYF Portsmouth NH right next door on 1380 is still MOYL. Both stations overlap each other over portions of SE NH..It used to be a very smooth transition when both were MOYL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom